Light-O-Rama Forums

Random turning ons

Thebug

I'm just finishing up a sequence in as I'm watching it on the visualizer I'm noticing that even in the middle of the big fade in one of my channels is just randomly turning on hundred percent when it's not supposed to be. There's only one track to this sequence and some trying to figure out why this thing is coming on when it shouldn't be any ideas or thoughts?

Look back at your sequence and you usually find a command to make it so. I do that a lot of times when I select the row and turn it on then go back and sequence up or down a fade and missed a timing mark or two.

Other than in the sequence I can't think of anything else to cause this if all the connections are good

You may have 2 rows defined as the same channel.

In the SE,  Tools: Channel configuration: Scroll, watching the UNIT and Cirrcuit

(I just spotted an (wrong Unit) error in one of my sequences, doing a walk thru to write this tip)

And depending on the controller type {CTB16PC series}, it could be a bad triac on that channel.  if it's that, you'll need to replace the triac on that channel, or find someone that can do it for you.  last resort is you'd have to send it to LOR for repair and open a help desk ticket.  This is a worst case scenario, hopefully it's just a channel config error or a missed on command in a sequence.

But if you aren't running a sequence and this is happening, then it's definitely going to be a triac issue if you're talking about a CTB16PC controller.

9 hours ago, Thebug said:

I was po pulling my hair out the channel config fixed it I had at some point inadvertently changed it some how

Glad you got it corrected and that it was an "easy fix", not something more complex like a bad triac!

I've had to replace the same triac in in the same controller twice, but over a few years between it going bad.

• The topic was locked