Light-O-Rama Forums

LED light kit that works with the RBD pixel tree?

dorkycam

Hi there. I bought a RGB pixel tree last year and couldn't get it to work with my 16 channel thing for regular Christmas lights. We tried daisy chaining it and what not but the pixel tree did not go on. We are using the mp3 box to do the show, not the computer. We want to be able to use our tree this year but also want to upgrade to LED lights for the house.

If anyone has references to what LED house light controllers are compatible with the RBG pixel trees that would be great.

Here's a question with more details from last year 

Edited by dorkycam
added info

It's not that the pixel tree doesn't work, the problem is your license isn't high enough to run the pixel tree. In the thread that you posted you stated that the tree was a Pixie 8 now whether you have a Pixie 8 or a Pixie 16 your current Basic license will only control 2 Unit IDs. A Pixie 8 uses 8 Unit IDs and a Pixie 16 uses 16 Unit IDs plus whatever other controllers you have. You will need to upgrade your license before you can go any further.

You can compare license levels here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-levels/

Edited by Mr. P

5 hours ago, dorkycam said:

Hi there. I bought a RGB pixel tree last year and couldn't get it to work with my 16 channel thing for regular Christmas lights. We tried daisy chaining it and what not but the pixel tree did not go on. We are using the mp3 box to do the show, not the computer. We want to be able to use our tree this year but also want to upgrade to LED lights for the house.

If anyone has references to what LED house light controllers are compatible with the RBG pixel trees that would be great.

Here's a question with more details from last year 

Once you get your license upgraded to pro go to the General Hardware section of the forum. I just created a Pixie16 Step by Step from box to lights on and it is pinned to the top of the page.

As long as your kit has the pixie16 just follow the steps and it will be running. You need Pro in order to run the LOR enhanced mode.

If you run into a snag just type up and I or someone else will chime in.

The pixie series controllers are the most affordable and easiest to work with that LOR has. For pixels that's all I use. Simplicity keeping everything LOR.

Best of luck

JR

Edited by dibblejr