Light-O-Rama Forums

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.4.0/LORRegistryWipe.exe 

ItsMeBobO

I am struggling getting any version installed now.     First thing is LORPost.exe is not getting called.   All the registry entries for file location were missing.   I managed to manually find and run LORpost but I am still getting errors on 4.3.34

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I am very happy to report I have 4.4.0 working now.   First I reinstalled. 4.3.34 and rebooted immediately.    I did first get another error popup

HubPathError.jpg

This has now gone away.    I believe this error was from windows being 'helpful' and putting links of recently used programs in my pinned list when I click Start.   When I navigate to LOR folder from "All Programs" it all works fine.   Once I got control panel loaded everything worked as expected.  This time LORPost came up.      

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

This has now gone away.    I believe this error was from windows being 'helpful' and putting links of recently used programs in my pinned list when I click Start.  

I never pin anything so that may be true.

11 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I am very happy to report I have 4.4.0 working now.   First I reinstalled. 4.3.34 and rebooted immediately.    I did first get another error popup

HubPathError.jpg

This has now gone away.    I believe this error was from windows being 'helpful' and putting links of recently used programs in my pinned list when I click Start.   When I navigate to LOR folder from "All Programs" it all works fine.   Once I got control panel loaded everything worked as expected.  This time LORPost came up.      

Is it just me, I 'Learned how to use my Computer', I don't need your (dumbed down to nothing) help, M$. 

What is odd, is I have my control panel and HU pinned to the start squares (used to be the top of the start menu) and had no issue with those after 4.3.36 -> 4.4.0

I always use the task bar panel icon.   However  I did an uninstall and install so the control panel did not open on its own the first time.   Start had a pinned program I did not put there and I stupidly clicked it and got errors because the version wires got crossed.     Its not just you.  

Edited by ItsMeBobO

That sounds like (currently) expected behavior if you have no LOR registration information in your registry and you run Hub before you run any other program (which correctly registers and installs the rest of the software).  As of right now Hub does not call LOR Post on initial run.  Hub does however however require that it was run at least once.

So, You can uninstall and registry wipe and re-install 4.4.0.  This time however, run Sequence Editor FIRST.  Register your software.  THEN open Hub.

In a future release of Hub, it will start also calling LOR Post.  

• The topic was locked