Light-O-Rama Forums

Glitching Tree/Show?

DisneyMatt10

Hey all!! Running S5 for the first time... Plus this is my first time using our massive pixel tree... and I've noticed there is a "glitch" for lack of better term on the tree. If you watch the below video (pay attention to the tree...) You'll notice how the pattern isn't "smooth" there's a lot of "jagged edges"  (for lack of better term) on the edges of the pattern... 

I have NO idea what is causing this. In the previewer/visualizer it runs super smooth. 

We have also noticed some "glitches" with the show. Every now and then the entire show (pixels) will freeze whatever they are doing for 3-4 seconds... and then skip forward to where they should be... (haven't caught it on video yet so can't really share what is happening.)

I'm not sure if these issues are related to the computer running the show... Like if it isn't powerful enough for all the pixels given that the tree added about 5,000 new pixels for this year... Or if I am doing something wrong. Any advice on how to fix these issues is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you! :)

~Matt 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

Can you give more info such as controller, network, network speed. To me it looks like a speed thing as some of the commands may be a little slow.

• Like 1

i use 1 aplhapix 16 controller for the 16ccr tree and 1 dmx channel for the star. And use a network cable with a 100-1000 switch. when i put more on the controller or use a other netwerkswitch ive got a lag. 

It's looks to me as a lag, the controller don't recive his data fast enough, or it can be overload. 

You also can measure your 12v during the show, some times your adapter can't handle it. and you measure 11.2 v

greetz, Mark

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, Mr. P said:

Can you give more info such as controller, network, network speed. To me it looks like a speed thing as some of the commands may be a little slow.

Controller: The tree has 3 - 16 channel E 1:31 controllers powering the tree. 1 strand of 100 pixels per output for a total of 48 strands on the tree. The star is powered by a separate E 1:31 controller. Again, 1 strand of lights per output and the strands range from 20-70 pixels in length. (The star wasn't having any noticeable issues)

Network:  Unicast E 1:31, IPv4 protocol network, all hardwired. Computer to one main switch, and a sub switch for the tree only. 

Network Speed: 100 Mbps from the computer. Switches are capable of 10/100/1000 Mbps.

During this setup when we were having issues we were only running a total of 6 AlphaPix controllers. For the Christmas show we run 8 AlphaPix controllers plus 2 AC controllers. (Testing begins this week for the Christmas show to see if it has any lag issues.)

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

Is each Alphapix output a separate universe? So 48 universes for the tree and 6 universes for the star?

Matt

Yes

Edited by DisneyMatt10