Light-O-Rama Forums
Vince4xmas

Storing Controllers and Props

I know it's very early to ask this question as folks are starting their lightshows.

However, trying to plan ahead.

How do you all store your props and controllers after lightshow is over?

Is it safe to store coro based props uncovered in garage? 

I have plastic totes for my pixels and other components, but they are cheap totes with lids (Walmart).

Over the past 3 years I have stored all my coro props, pixels and controllers in my house.

I would really like to free up a bedroom as my show now uses all the space.

My concern is mice.

I've store my controllers in the garage for the past 5 years and have had no issues. Light and props are also stored in garage, attic, and shed.

41 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

...My concern is mice.

You are correct to fear mice. 

Sorry... Had to. 

• Like 1

I've stored blow molds in the garage & shed w/o any problems, but also make sure not to have their cords laying on the ground in case little critters are crawling around.

I store the light controllers in the garage too, and since I only have 3 of them I store all 3 in a bin with a lid.

Extension cords, LED light strings, 12" snowflakes, and other small décor get stored in covered bins in our basement.

The 8 spiral trees get disassembled and stored in our enclosed back porch/patio because I don't have anywhere else to put them.

I'll have 2 leaping arches and 3 firesticks for the first time this year, and I'll store those in the garage.  I might put a few large wide boards on the rafters and lay them on top of them so they're out of the way.

Sunlight and lots of fluorescent light (high in UV) are the enemy of Coro and many plastics  (note the yellowed color of stuff a few seasons old)..

Mice seem to LOVE the newer plastic wire insulation. Traps and cats 😛