dennis

13 minutes ago, Dennis brok said:

Simple question

will a G3-MP3 ShowTime Director run 64 cosmic collor ribbons 

this is 9600 channels and i saw that the director is made for 8000 channels 

please anyone help me 

thanks

dennis

I ran 5 networks consolidated into one when my show computer crashed last Halloween. I normally use my director for testing in the back yard but couldn't afford to lose my sequencing computer.

Its not a simple question because it really depends on how much data each sequence may have. ( I think)

You can try and revert to your computer if it doesn't work.

I helped a guy yesterday that was told by LOR that he could not run pixels on the mini, I sent him my video from testing and HAlloween. 2017 Now he is relieved.

JR

Thats a problem because the show is run in a town square where i cant leave a computer running 

any other idease to make this work ?

3 hours ago, Dennis brok said:

Thats a problem because the show is run in a town square where i cant leave a computer running 

any other idease to make this work ?

Test and see.

Also I have read there is almost no limit on how long the cat 5 cable to the first controller.

I have a 300’ run but I know there are others who have longer runs than that out there.

So if there is any secured structure close by maybe they will let you use their space to house a computer or even their computer.

All you have to do is ask.

Or reduce the size of the tree.

JR

I am running (6) AC controllers, (3) dumb rgb controllers, (2) CCR controllers, (1) Pixie4 and (1) Pixcon16 using a

G3-MP3 with no issues. Running NetA at 115K and NetB at 500K. NetB has just my Pixie4 and Pixcon16 on it.

4 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am running (6) AC controllers, (3) dumb rgb controllers, (2) CCR controllers, (1) Pixie4 and (1) Pixcon16 using a

G3-MP3 with no issues. Running NetA at 115K and NetB at 500K. NetB has just my Pixie4 and Pixcon16 on it.

That still isn't 9,000 channels that the op states he will be running. The director's do have their limits.

The limit we recommend is 2000-2400 pixels per network for AVERAGE sequences at 500K ELOR.  That is 6000-7000 channels per network.

The G3MP3 has 2 networks so you could split things up onto Net 1 and Net 2.

Please note we say AVERAGE sequence.  Slow sequences can drive MORE channels, fast sequences drive LESS.

You didn't sell something to someone before you tested it and ensured it would work, did you?

Its for own use marketing 

is it maybe better to get a small computer and put it in a watertight case in the top 

but how would i updete the sequence without klimbing the tree 

5 minutes ago, Dennis brok said:

Whats the differece in the pixcon16 and the pixie16 controller ? Other than the price ? Only the dmx option ?

As you stated, price, E1.31 but also a ton of features. The Pixie doesn't have near the features as the Pixcon such as individual port control, string folding and a bunch of other features that really are a plus. If you just want a basic controller that works on the LOR network the Pixie is a good option for the price. However, if you want more control then the Pixcon is the better option.

• The topic was locked