Light-O-Rama Forums

20 Foot Mega tree leveled

Platinumcd

First year into this and I am thinking about purchasing a 20 foot mega tree kit from Christmaslighshow.com. My question is if my yard is not level will i need to do something to level the tree or just leave it sloping down. My whole yard slopes downward towards the street. I also wondered if I leveled it would that cause a issue with securing it somehow. Thanks in advance you have all been a huge help my first year. Halloween turned out great!!

1 minute ago, Platinumcd said:

First year into this and I am thinking about purchasing a 20 foot mega tree kit from Christmaslighshow.com. My question is if my yard is not level will i need to do something to level the tree or just leave it sloping down. My whole yard slopes downward towards the street. I also wondered if I leveled it would that cause a issue with securing it somehow. Thanks in advance you have all been a huge help my first year. Halloween turned out great!!

If you are concerned about levelling for the looks just take some pressure treated wood and make a front base that you can attach your lights strings to. Problem solved. At night you cant see the un level appearance, hower depending on the light typw you may need the base I mention to attach to. Like a CCR tree where ribbons are equal length. But regular led bulb strings you will have some leeway.

As far as sequencing- wont matter at all. If the tree fell over the sequence would still be the same. The lights may not work but sequence will not change.

JR

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If you are concerned about levelling for the looks just take some pressure treated wood and make a front base that you can attach your lights strings to. Problem solved. At night you cant see the un level appearance, hower depending on the light typw you may need the base I mention to attach to. Like a CCR tree where ribbons are equal length. But regular led bulb strings you will have some leeway.

As far as sequencing- wont matter at all. If the tree fell over the sequence would still be the same. The lights may not work but sequence will not change.

JR

I am planning to use 24.5 feet led mini light strands

my old house's yard sloped about a foot lower in the front of the tree than the back. I used pvc to make a base ring. 3 x 10ft pcs of 1" sch40 makes the perfect diameter for a 20 ft tall tree - unless you are looking for fat & fluffy.... Then I used the Christmaslightshow anchors to hold the ring. BUT on the sides and front, added rod couplings and 1/4" threaded cut to length to level the ring - inserted between the anchor and the clamp - getting longer at the front. Then attached all superstrands to the ring base using steel support wires - so the ice and wind don't beat up my strands..

2 sets : https://christmaslightshow.com/products/mega-christmas-tree-ring-anchors-set-of-4

7 couplings and 1 stick - cut to length 4" to 12"  https://www.ideadigitalcontent.com/files/11077/SPE_IDEA1954.pdf

16 wires with speedlocks - https://www.erico.com/part.asp?part=SLK15L3

• The topic was locked