Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Configuration Question

I'm currently working on a tutorial for creating Previews in S5 and I am having a brain fart. I remember a thread alwhile ago in which we were trying help someone with a network Configuration issue. IIRC, Those of us with Pro licenses missed the point of the Advanced button not being active (greyed out?) for license levels below Advanced. Is this the case? It has been so long since I upgraded to Pro, I can't remember if this button is available to everyone regardless of license level. A pic of the button in question below.

TIA

Alan...

networkQ.jpg

I just upgraded from an Advance license about a few months ago, but I seem to recall that the Advanced button was not greyed out in the Network Configuration Utility.  But don't hold me to it.  It's what I recall, but I could be mistaken.  Maybe someone still using an Advanced license will chime in if they can or can't access that option.

Or maybe one of the LOR Folks, like DevMike knows the answer if he sees this thread.  I'm sure he'll know if an Advanced license can or can't access that feature in the LOR Network Configuration Utility.

Alan,

For a test, I installed S5.1.4 onto a computer that has never had LOR installed and does not have an internet connection.  I did NOT install my license information, so therefore it was in Demo mode.  The Advanced button is present and appears to work normally.  Of course, I could not set Enhanced networking while in Demo mode.

Thank you both.

I think what the issue was is that if you have multiple networks, you never look at them in simple mode or at least I never do.

Alan...

• The topic was locked