Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 Setup and Configuration step by step

dibblejr

After step 10 it labels it as" 01 unknown device???"  and I cannot proceed after that  I tried the config button but nothing happens.  There is a solid light on in the controller.  Im in way over my head

4 hours ago, redrockford said:

After step 10 it labels it as" 01 unknown device???"  and I cannot proceed after that  I tried the config button but nothing happens.  There is a solid light on in the controller.  Im in way over my head

How are you setting the unit ID? Did you change the Dip Switch as indicated in my instructions?

Normally you wont get the "unknown device" unless you are on a much older version of S4 or earlier since the pixie wasn't built into the older version. 

Getting conflicting info from your posts "I don't think I'm running S5". Your profile clearly says S5.

If you are running S5 how proficient with it are you? If you are proficient with S5 I can help you on the phone with setup. However I wont have all day. Now if you are running S4 I can have your config done on minutes. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I am even struggling with my profile.  I dont have s5.   Upon closer looking on the top bar of the pixie editor my version is only 4.2.10.  I thought upgrading to pro would automatically give me the correct version to do this.  I clearly am in over my head,  my wife talked me into getting this thing and it is causing some stress so instead of enjoying the season I am completely miserable.  I would be willing to compensate you for your time but I am also willing to put this on hold until next Christmas so I dont stress about it, I simply would like to figure it out so I didnt just waste a bunch of money.  So my next step is get an newer version of software and go through your steps again.   My question is on your write up is it written for running a showfrom a PC or will those exact steps also work for running a show from the show time director?

THank you,  I realize there are lots of people who need help and you seem to help many of them so I do appreciate your time, again even if i can get some steps going I would be happy just to make some progress to get ready for next year.

31 minutes ago, redrockford said:

I am even struggling with my profile.  I dont have s5.   Upon closer looking on the top bar of the pixie editor my version is only 4.2.10.  I thought upgrading to pro would automatically give me the correct version to do this.  I clearly am in over my head,  my wife talked me into getting this thing and it is causing some stress so instead of enjoying the season I am completely miserable.  I would be willing to compensate you for your time but I am also willing to put this on hold until next Christmas so I dont stress about it, I simply would like to figure it out so I didnt just waste a bunch of money.  So my next step is get an newer version of software and go through your steps again.   My question is on your write up is it written for running a showfrom a PC or will those exact steps also work for running a show from the show time director?

THank you,  I realize there are lots of people who need help and you seem to help many of them so I do appreciate your time, again even if i can get some steps going I would be happy just to make some progress to get ready for next year.

When did you upgrade to Pro? An upgrade gives you an automatic renewal so all you would have to do is download a newer version. You need at least version 4.3.18 for the software to recognize a Pixie.

On your first part, license level and version number are not related.    License level defines features of the software that you can use.   Version is simply an identifier of when the software was released.  

Its raining here and I only lost one prop. Due to the forecast 1 more week of rain I have some free time. I will send you my contact # all I ask is you text first and wait for my reply, which I will either way.

We can get you up and running in minutes depending on off topic conversation/ questions,

Since you are on S4

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just want to say thanks for the info! I'd received a replacement Pixie 8, and because it was a new model, I hadn't paid attention to the dip switches. When I would assign an ID, it would only stick for a couple of minutes, and then I'd lose the unit on the network, and it would do weird, random stuff. Turns out it was resetting to ID01 and the following auto-assigned IDs, and picking up programming for other devices in my setup. Fixed the dip switches last night, and everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for pointing me here from the other thread. 

Unfortunately, I’m still stuck. My primary question at this point (I think) is if one of my controllers is not Gen 3, will I ever be able to run it on the Enhanced Network? Or is it a foregone conclusion I’m going to be running two networks? 

I’ve already ordered an additional red dongle, but that’s a week out, so I’m trying to figure out if I can get my show running in the meantime. 

For now, none of my lights will fire unless I take it back down to the non-enhanced network. 

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Army Lights said:

Thanks for putting this together, and thanks for pointing me here from the other thread. 

Unfortunately, I’m still stuck. My primary question at this point (I think) is if one of my controllers is not Gen 3, will I ever be able to run it on the Enhanced Network? Or is it a foregone conclusion I’m going to be running two networks? 

I’ve already ordered an additional red dongle, but that’s a week out, so I’m trying to figure out if I can get my show running in the meantime. 

For now, none of my lights will fire unless I take it back down to the non-enhanced network. 

Thanks!

Sent you my contact info

To answer your question though. I read that with software suite version 4.40 and higher it is possible with a firmware update. However I have not tested nor seen anything official from LOR

DevMike any info on this?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Sent you my contact info

To answer your question though. I read that with software suite version 4.40 and higher it is possible with a firmware update. However I have not tested nor seen anything official from LOR

DevMike any info on this?

JR

By the way, I just wanted to give a shout out to JR. He took time out of his morning to hop on the phone with me to discuss the issues. We didn’t necessarily fix it (yet), but he helped me narrow down the variables.

What we we found is that the CBT16 definitely appears to be my choke point, and the Pixie8 CANNOT run outside of an Enhanced Network. There may be other ways to crack the egg, but I’m just going to split into two networks  

Thanks JR!!! It was great meeting you. 

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

1 hour ago, lsufiregal said:

This is totally where I am stuck.  Unknown device and can go no further with configuring the Pixie16.

What’s your HU version? My guess is you need to update your HU. 

3 hours ago, lsufiregal said:

This is totally where I am stuck.  Unknown device and can go no further with configuring the Pixie16.

1) What controller? Dip Switches or not?

2) What is your actual license level? Normally you error would indicate your software version is incorrect. Depending on the controller will determine when that controller was added to the software version.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, Army Lights said:

What’s your HU version? My guess is you need to update your HU. 

No such thing as updating the HU.

JR

14 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

No such thing as updating the HU.

JR

The Hardware Utility must be of a minimum version to use the pixel trees. I had literally the exact same problem last night and updating my LOR software version was the fix. No, you don’t update the HU individually, but that IS the source of the problem. 

On 11/7/2018 at 10:42 AM, dibblejr said:

In lieu of all the members I have assisted with setting up and configuring their pixie16 and the pixie2/4 and 8 controllers I am going to see if this will provide some relief to you the end user, myself someone who likes to help others and the LOR Help Desk who get a ton of requests at this time of year and the end user may not understand the volume of help tickets.

Also more than a few recommended I write this up. So here it is.

If you follow these steps in order you should have lights at the final step as long as your light strings or strips work.

I am writing this as an S4 user. S5 users can follow the steps to a certain point. At which time you will have to have a basic understanding as to how to add a pixie device to your S5 sequencer.

Things to consider:

1) The pixie16 and other pixie devices will only control "smart" RGB lights

2) Do not get wrapped around the Hardware Utility for anything more than setting the Unit ID, light color order and a minor test. The HU has nothing to do with the controller running the lights outside of the HU. Once you close the HU the rest is with you the end user to ensure the network is set up correctly and the device is added to your sequence.

3) The newer pixie controllers will have 8 dip switches. Please familiarize yourself with the location of the switches. From the factory one dip switch will be in the "on" position. This dip switch in the "On" position will not allow the user to set a Unit ID other than 1

4) The pixie series controllers will automatically assign the unit ID's after the user selects the first one. If you attempt to interfere with this process by manually building the unit ID's and not follow the Hexadecimal protocol you will have channels (units) that will not work. This is the time to start talking Units, the pixie series assigns unit ID's not channels like the AC controllers. You must remember this especially when you start adding other controllers or you will have conflicts.

Example: If your pixie16 has a starting Unit ID of Unit 1 then the system will assign it to Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F and 10. As you can see the system uses an alpha numeric Unit ID after 09. This is consistent across the board. Any number that has a nine the following 7 unit ID's will be alpha numeric. Based on the pixie model you may have.

Pixie2 - 2 consecutive unit ID's

Pixie4 - 4 consecutive unit ID's

Pixie8 - 8 consecutive unit ID's

Pixie16 - 16 consecutive unit ID's

Lets get started:

Items required

Pixie controller 2/4/8/16 can all be configured using these instructions.

Black RS485 or Red RS485HS adapter (red preferred) red is backwards compatible and with the cost being a few dollars more than black - makes it worth while. A spare is always good

Cat5 cable(s)

Time - its best to start this only if you can dedicate an hour or so without interruption

Of course a computer

Lets get started- I am going to keep the steps as simple as possible 

1) connect the RS485 (black) / RS485HS (Red) adapter to the computer - if you have not previously configured the adapter do so using the LOR provided instructions prior to continuing on

2) Inspect the pixie controller and look for those dip switches. As mentioned above the newer units have them. If yours does not have them you can skip the next step

3) If you are using the pixie controller as any unit ID other than Unit ID # 1 please turn off the dip switch that is currently on. All dip switches should be in the "off" position. If using as #1 you do have the option of leaving it on or turning it off thus enabling you to change the unit ID without forgetting this step later on when you add additional controllers.

4) Open the Control Panel - this will vary between users so I will not cover that. 

5) Ensure the Comm Listener (CL) is running. You should see a CL on your task bar.

6) Connect only the pixie device being configured to the RS485 adapter. Remember one unit at a time is the best way to prevent issues while configuring any controllers. - Note if you disconnect the RS485 adapter from your computer you need to remember which USB port it was connected to.

7) In the HU on the left side you should see the comport that your computer found and assigned your RS485 adapter to. Refrain from refreshing this or using the "auto configure".

8 ) On the right side of the screen you can adjust the "max number of unit ID's" if it is set to far beyond your controller numbers it takes additional time searching the network. Optional 

9) In the center of the HU there is a "Select Unit to Configure" button. Now  is the time to press this and the HU will search for the controller. The light on the controller should be solid on.

10) Once the HU is finished you should see your device listed in the box directly under the heading.

11) It probably found 01- Pixie... and version number (unless the unit number has been changed to something else) it will show the appropriate Unit ID

12) If the Unit ID is not the Unit ID you wish to have assigned you change that in the bottom left of the HU - select "old Unit ID" and "new Unit ID" then "Change Unit ID" you will see the message "Unit ID has been set to..."

13) Now to check the color order of your light strings (if you have them) if not you can refer back to this step once you have your light strings or strips. 

14) At the bottom of the HU screen you will see a "Config" button - select that

15) Towards the bottom center you will see "CCR/ Pixie device" - select that.

16) Select the ribbon/ string model number 

17) Select the color order - if known, you will test and be able to change this in a couple more steps. Note different mfg color order may vary. Its best to not mix and match because with pixie device you cannot change the color order of different Unit ID's.  Triples RGB. RGB, RGB is also in this step.

18) Select the number of pixels per string 50 / 100 

16) Resolution - I have never changed the resolution from the default

17) Apply  and then you will receive the "changes have been applied" box.

18) Back to the HU main page for color testing. Its pretty self explanatory so I will not cover it. If you select a color and the color is different ie; you select Red and the color is Blue this is where you can go back to the config/ CCR/ pixie config above and change the color order.

19) Note - If you selected 100 pixels in step 18 above but you only have strings of 5o, during testing there will be delays while the controller is attempting to light pixels that do not exist

20) Once you are happy with the color order you are finished in the HU. Close it out but leave the controller connected. 

21) I ALWAYS perform this test while assisting others - reopen the HU and select the "Select Unit to configure" "Refresh" button again. This is to ensure you did not miss a step or forget to turn the dip switch to the "off" position if needed. (I recommend you turn it off)

22) Once you have verified that the HU found your correctly assigned Unit ID you can now close the HU. 

23) Now we will set up your Network Configuration

24) In the Control Panel drop down list ( just under the HU) you will find Network Preferences (NP) click on it to open

25) If you have never opened this before on the right side of the box you will see "simple mode". 

26) You want to press the "Advanced" button just under the "Simple Mode" 

27) The next box should resemble a spreadsheet (green and white rows)

28) You will have 3 tabs LOR/ DMX and Misc. We are keeping it simple and not discussing either of the DMX or Misc tabs. 

29) Select the LOR tab

30) You will now see your networks. Most users probably have only one network

31) You should see LOR Regular and under that the various Aux network

32) We are concentrating on the Regular LOR network

33) You will see the speed. By default it probably shows 57.6 kbps - click on the speed- you will now get a small pop up window. Use the drop down to select 500K 

34) In the same box you will see an "enhance" box- click that - it is crucial you do not miss steps 33 and 34. If you do this you will not have lights

35) Click "ok or apply"

36) you will get the 500K warning, do not worry about it

37) you will receive the "enhanced" warning. once again disregard

38) Select the "OK" button on top right of the scree and NP will close - you are now almost ready to have lights on

39) Setting up your pixie in your sequence - this is where S5 users should refer to the S5 manual. I do know there are two methods to add a device to S5. One is through "Prop Definition" the other is in the "Preview Editor" the latter found on the right side of the screen. That is my knowledge.

40) Back to S4 users

41) Open an existing sequence "if you have previously used SE and have a controller configured"

42) If you do not have a sequence and are brand new

43) Open Sequence Editor from the Control Panel or your Programs menu

44) Select "File"

45) Select "New"

46) Select "Musical Sequence"

47) Now is a good time to remind you that although it is not mandatory it is best to keep your "Audio and Sequence" files in the correct LOR directory. My Documents/ Light O Rama/ Audio (for music and Sequences for Sequences. 

48) Select the audio file - just select the first one since this sequence will be scrapped later (unless you plan on using this song to create your first sequence)

49) SE will process the audio

50) You will now get a "New Musical Sequence Option" box

51) On this first attempt I just ensure that in the bottom right corner under the " Initial Timing" box that "use a fixed timing grid" is selected. All other defaults are good at this point.

52) Press the "Ok" button

53) Your sequence working grid will appear

54) If using the defaults in the previous steps you should see 8 Channel buttons on the right side of the grid. (if you are new) If you are familiar with SE and have controllers already built into your config skip the following steps and pick back up on the add device step

55) If new and do not have any other controllers then perform the following 2 steps

56) Right click on the bottom channel button , it may say port or channel 8

57) in the drop down select "remove channel from track"

58) A warning will appear asking if you are sure - select "yes"

59) That channel will now be removed from the working grid leaving you 7 more, repeat steps 56-58 until you have only one channel remaining

60) Right click on the remaining channel 

61) On the drop down you will select "insert device"

62) in this tutorial you will select "below" if you are a previous user having a configuration you may wish to select "above" but I recommend "below" for you as well

63) You have the option to "Name" your device. If you know what you are using the Pixie for it is recommended to name it. Example: CCR Tre

62) To prevent clutter I ensure that the box directly below is Not checked. "Include Base Unit ID's"

63) "Device" if the pixie 2/4/8/16 is not in the box use the drop down to select that device group
*** At the moment if using the Pixie16 for anything over 100 pixels at step # 63 select Pixcon16 instead and at step 66 select 170 for pixels per port. Light O Rama will be updating the manual and the firmware in the near future.

64) Ensure "Add as a group" is selected. Once again to declutter the Unit list

65) The next box should say Pixie 2/4/8/ 16 - use the drop down menu to select your particular model number

66) "Pixels per Port" once again 50 or 100

67) "Channel Mode" Triples RGB, RGB, RGB

68) "Base Unit ID" this must be the same unit ID that you assigned in the HU setup process

69) "Network" for most users this will be "regular" if you have additional networks you know who you are and what to select. This must match the network that you assigned in the Network Preference (NP) steps

70) Select "OK" and now you will see your pixie on your sequence working grid

71) If you were one of the members that deleted the 7 channel buttons in the previous steps now is the time to remove the last channel button. Leaving only your pixie device

72) If you followed all of the above steps you WILL have lights as long as 1- you physically have lights and 2- the lights are not broken 3- lights are connected to your controller

73) Testing you lights

74) On the open sequence - if you "grouped" the pixie as described above you will see a "+" sign

75) Select that and you will see 16 channel/ unit ID buttons

76) The buttons will be grey and to the right your working grid will be black

77) We are now going to write your test sequence

78) On the right side of the SE "tool bar" you will see a yellow star

79) To the left of the yellow star as you put your mouse over the different tools you will find the "color fade" tool select that

80) A pop up box will appear it will have a fade from red to green. This is the tool you use to place colors to your RGB sequences if you use SE to create your RGB sequences. In order to have solid colors just select the same color on both ends

81) For this tutorial you will leave it as is Red to green

82) I am going to show you how "I" use this tool for testing. IMO this is the fastest way to fill the entire sequence and will teach you haw to use the copy/ paste fast feature

83) Use the scroll bar directly under the working grid and drag it all of the way to the end (right) of your sequence.

84) Place your mouse on the top "black row" probably pixie... port 1"

85) Right click in the last grid box and drag it all of the way to the left (beginning) of the sequence. Note- to make it faster you can drag it all of the way to the edge of your computer screen. You do not need to stay within the working grid. Before you release the mouse you can also drag it all of the way to port that corresponds to your pixie model. Thus filling the entire pixie working grid with color. I will discuss the copy paste method next. 

86) Because you scrolled to the end and dragged to the beginning your color fade will be green to red

87) If you only filled in one row the fastest way IMO to copy paste that row (s) is right click on the first grid square- select row (s), that entire row will now be encapsulated in a white box. Now right click in that box. "copy". To paste - place your mouse in the next Unit/ Channel/ Port and right click - you have the option to select "paste or paste multiple" select the one that coincides with your situation. If you selected the "multiple" you will be given another option "Vertical" (top half of the box) or "Horizontal" (bottom of the box) In this instance you will select the bottom choice and fill the correct number based on how many ports you wish to paste to. Once you press ok it will perform the action and your entire pixie device "should" have a sequence filled within.

88) Once you have the sequence filled and your lights connected. Go to the "play" tab on the tool bar. At a minimum ensure "Control Lights" is checked. Your light WILL NOT work if this is not checked.

89) Also under "play" scroll down to "Play Range" and ensure "Entire Sequence" is checked

90) On the tool bar you will see a "Blue Arrow" your "color Fade" tool is probably still open. Push the blue arrow and it will turn off the color fade tool. If you forget to turn that off, anytime you put the mouse and click it on the working grid it will place either a color or grey fill. (that's something to always remember)

91) Now push the "Green" play button. If all was performed correctly you WILL HAVE LIGHTS.

92) For those of you that do not have lights and wish to test your controller - refer to the Visualizer tutorial in the "Help" guide in the Control Panel drop down menu. Or feel free to PM me and I will send you a CCR tree viz file to help you test your light. I probably have one that is already set up for almost every pixie config within unit ID 50. If I don't have one it only takes me a few minutes to create one for you.

Best of luck and if you need further assistance feel free to submit a Help Desk ticket or PM me. Note from Sept - January I am very busy with my show and helping others but I will reply.

Happy Lighting

JR

Admin Edit: Added verbiage to various steps as requested by author.

Well I just so happen to buy a pixie16 and received it this week. I have a few pixel strings and I believe everything required. This will help a lot. I don’t have the time to dedicate yet. But you sir are going to be on my hot line list. Looking forward to adding pixels in 2019

2 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Well I just so happen to buy a pixie16 and received it this week. I have a few pixel strings and I believe everything required. This will help a lot. I don’t have the time to dedicate yet. But you sir are going to be on my hot line list. Looking forward to adding pixels in 2019

If you follow them through it will work.

If you run into a problem let me know. Since you have S4 its easy. If my PMs full just reply to this thread.

JR

• Thanks 1

Just now, dibblejr said:

If you follow them through it will work.

If you run into a problem let me know. Since you have S4 its easy. If my PMs full just reply to this thread.

JR

Thanks I am hoping to get to this soon. As I want to learn it early so I can figure my display for next year. 

Most I’ve done is pull the pixels out and check they work off a dumb controller. As far as the controler It looks good on the desk. I have not hooked it up at all. Want to dedicate the time need to go start to finish.

Had finally gotten everything working separately (pixie 16 and CTB16PC) put them together with the cat 5 and now only the one box will actually light up. Step 33 & 34 I was unable to hit the Enhanced button but changed the speed, hit apply & ok. It said the speed was changed. Opened SE loaded a sequence & now the pixie doesn't light any pixels on any of the ports. Hardware Utility shows the boxes are connected together on the network but only the ctb16 actually lights up the bulbs.

When I open the sequence from previous version it shows a Upgrade sequence to S5 format. Think I should be changing any setting in there besides leaving them alone & just hitting "ok"? It shows this error after it "Upgrades to S5" but I have the pixie controller set to Unit Id #7 and other controller to Unit #1.

These channels had no match in the preview and have been archived. This means they can still appear in the sequence grid, but they cannot drive lights.
<Controller 01> Primary-16 channels ((none))
<Controller 02> Accent-16 channels ((none))
02.01-Minitree A -red (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 1)
02.02-Minitree B -red (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 2)
02.03-Minitree C -red (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 3)
02.04-Minitree D -red (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 4)
02.05-Minitree A -green (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 5)
02.06-Minitree B -green (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 6)
02.07-Minitree C -green (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 7)
02.08-Minitree D -green (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 😎
02.09-Minitree A -blue (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 9)
02.10-Minitree B -blue (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 10)
02.11-Minitree C -blue (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 11)
02.12-Minitree D -blue (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 12)
02.13-Minitree A -yellow (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 13)
02.14-Minitree B -yellow (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 14)
02.15-Minitree C -yellow (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 15)
02.16-Minitree D -yellow (LOR: Regular, unit 02, circuit 16)
<Controller 03> Accent-16 channels ((none))
03.01-Arch A -section 1 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 1)
03.02-Arch A -section 2 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 2)
03.03-Arch A -section 3 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 3)
03.04-Arch A -section 4 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 4)
03.05-Arch A -section 5 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 5)
03.06-Arch A -section 6 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 6)
03.07-Arch A -section 7 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 7)
03.08-Arch A -section 8 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 😎
03.09-Arch B -section 1 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 9)
03.10-Arch B -section 2 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 10)
03.11-Arch B -section 3 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 11)
03.12-Arch B -section 4 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 12)
03.13-Arch B -section 5 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 13)
03.14-Arch B -section 6 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 14)
03.15-Arch B -section 7 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 15)
03.16-Arch B -section 8 (LOR: Regular, unit 03, circuit 16)
<Controller 04> Accent-16 channels ((none))
04.01-Megatree A -section 1 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 1)
04.02-Megatree A -section 2 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 2)
04.03-Megatree A -section 3 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 3)
04.04-Megatree A -section 4 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 4)
04.05-Megatree A -section 5 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 5)
04.06-Megatree A -section 6 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 6)
04.07-Megatree A -section 7 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 7)
04.08-Megatree A -section 8 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 😎
04.09-Megatree B -section 1 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 9)
04.10-Megatree B -section 2 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 10)
04.11-Megatree B -section 3 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 11)
04.12-Megatree B -section 4 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 12)
04.13-Megatree B -section 5 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 13)
04.14-Megatree B -section 6 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 14)
04.15-Megatree B -section 7 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 15)
04.16-Megatree B -section 8 (LOR: Regular, unit 04, circuit 16)
<Controller 05> Accent-16 channels ((none))
05.01-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 1)
05.02-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 2)
05.03-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 3)
05.04-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 4)
05.05-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 5)
05.06-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 6)
05.07-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 7)
05.08-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 😎
05.09-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 9)
05.10-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 10)
05.11-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 11)
05.12-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 12)
05.13-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 13)
05.14-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 14)
05.15-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 15)
05.16-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 05, circuit 16)
<Controller 06> Accent-16 channels ((none))
06.01-Strobes A (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 1)
06.02-Strobes B (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 2)
06.03-Strobes C (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 3)
06.04-Strobes D (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 4)
06.05-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 5)
06.06-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 6)
06.07-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 7)
06.08-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 😎
06.09-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 9)
06.10-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 10)
06.11-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 11)
06.12-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 12)
06.13-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 13)
06.14-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 14)
06.15-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 15)
06.16-not assigned (LOR: Regular, unit 06, circuit 16)
<Controller 07> Primary-8 pixels ((none))
<Controller 08> Accent-8 pixels ((none))
<Controllers 20-27> (8 RGB Pixels) ((none))
<Controllers 28-2F> (8 RGB Pixels) ((none))
07-RGB Window 1 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 2 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 3 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 4 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 5 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 6 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 7 (RGB)
07-RGB Window 8 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 1 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 2 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 3 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 4 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 5 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 6 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 7 (RGB)
08-RGB Floodlight 8 (RGB)
20-RGB Window 1 (RGB)
21-RGB Window 2 (RGB)
22-RGB Window 3 (RGB)
23-RGB Window 4 (RGB)
24-RGB Window 5 (RGB)
25-RGB Window 6 (RGB)
26-RGB Window 7 (RGB)
27-RGB Window 8 (RGB)
28-RGB Floodlight 1 (RGB)
29-RGB Floodlight 2 (RGB)
2A-RGB Floodlight 3 (RGB)
2B-RGB Floodlight 4 (RGB)
2C-RGB Floodlight 5 (RGB)
2D-RGB Floodlight 6 (RGB)
2E-RGB Floodlight 7 (RGB)
2F-RGB Floodlight 8 (RGB)

When I play it in the sequencer it only lights up the bulbs to Controller 1, not 7

20 minutes ago, lsufiregal said:

Had finally gotten everything working separately (pixie 16 and CTB16PC) put them together with the cat 5 and now only the one box will actually light up. Step 33 & 34 I was unable to hit the Enhanced button but changed the speed, hit apply & ok. It said the speed was changed. Opened SE loaded a sequence & now the pixie doesn't light any pixels on any of the ports. Hardware Utility shows the boxes are connected together on the network but only the ctb16 actually lights up the bulbs.

When I open the sequence from previous version it shows a Upgrade sequence to S5 format. Think I should be changing any setting in there besides leaving them alone & just hitting "ok"? It shows this error after it "Upgrades to S5" but I have the pixie controller set to Unit Id #7 and other controller to Unit #1.

Your profile says you use S4 but this is all S5 breakdown.

There are a lot more controllers above than the 2 you originally state 1- CTB16 and 1- pixie16

You do not have the option for enhanced because that REQUIRES - Pro Level License

Key question - which software version are you using?

Please update your profile if its not correct.

If you are in S5 you may want to start your own thread asking for help in the S5 section of the forums

JR

• Like 1