Light-O-Rama Forums

Faces on a tree

Ndowns13

I've been looking at the sequence forms on here and see lots of folks offering theirs up. Seems like there are a lot for the singing faces. This has got me to thinking.  I have 2 of the pixel tree kits from LOR. Would faces work on those? Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!!

Yes, you do faces on pixel tree.  The resolution is of course limited by the number of strings - the more strings, the better.  I have done simple faces on my 12 x 50 tree, but never tried to do singing faces.  My tree is expanding to 24 x 100 this year, so may try a singing face next year.  I don’t expect to do much of that however.

The trees I have are the ones from LOR's Website. I'm fairly new to the pixel concept. A little behind the times, I suppose! HaHa! 

Just so you know, the singing faces that are being offered up in the forums here are for CTB16PCs or CMB24Ds. They normally consist of 7 or 8 channels and are not really the type of faces that you put on pixel trees.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Ndowns13 said:

I've been looking at the sequence forms on here and see lots of folks offering theirs up. Seems like there are a lot for the singing faces. This has got me to thinking.  I have 2 of the pixel tree kits from LOR. Would faces work on those? Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!!

Do you mean you have the ccr tree's or did LOR start selling their singing trees? 

You can take a sequence at convert the face sequence to RGB channels however IMO the results are not anything I am happy with. I have a friend on here that knows how to do it and make it look good but I haven't figured it out. 

IMO- they look better on coro with LED lights. That is the #1 attraction at my house but I do have a lot of singing props. The circles are #2 and the CCR tree and Matrix are pretty close at 3 &4. I wouldn't want to take my #1 attraction and place it within my #3/4.

If you want a couple short clips  can text w a # , just PM. You will see what I am talking about.

IMHO

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked