Light-O-Rama Forums

change 12ch ccr tree to horizontal array

htebault

I have moved, and I don't have space to mount  my 12ch ccr tree (with star). I do have space if I can change the tree into a horizontal grid of parallel lines. In my S5 Preview, the CCR tree is a Tree180 shape, 12 strings, starting bottom left. 

What I hope to do is take this setup, remove the star and mount the 12 CCR's horizontally - but I cannot identify which "shape" to use.  When I tried to use  matrix-horizontal-quad or matrix-horizontal-rectangle, although the general shape seemed correct, when the sequence played back, the effects were wrong. It appeared as though the effects were about 90 degrees off. Rather than seeing them start from either the right or left end, they would begin at the bottom or top (ccr 1, or ccr12).  Is there any way to change my existing CCR Tree, and have the sequence perform ?

Edited by htebault

If I understand correctly, the sequence is playing to the matrix but everything is rotated to the left 90 degrees as if it is on its side.

That is actually working as designed. If everything was still oriented the same way as on your vertical tree then it would only play to a 12 pixel wide strip of your horizontal display. You could use the "move or scale selected effects" feature in superstar to stretch the vertical sequence width from 12 pixel 50 pixels. And squish it vertically from 50 to 12 pixels but of course everything would become distorted.

If I am misunderstanding the issue you are having, let me know.

28 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

If I understand correctly, the sequence is playing to the matrix but everything is rotated to the left 90 degrees as if it is on its side.

That is actually working as designed. If everything was still oriented the same way as on your vertical tree then it would only play to a 12 pixel wide strip of your horizontal display. You could use the "move or scale selected effects" feature in superstar to stretch the vertical sequence width from 12 pixel 50 pixels. And squish it vertically from 50 to 12 pixels but of course everything would become distorted.

If I am misunderstanding the issue you are having, let me know.

Thanks Brian,  - I think you are right. I was thinking that the CCR ribbon(s) would hold their sequence instruction as initially programed (with 1 at the bottom and 50 at the top of each CCR ribbon) and just let me rotate the tree by 90 degrees - (each of the 12 CCR's is built with 1 at the bottom and 50 at the top.). Maybe what I will do is leave it as a Tree in the sequencer and just physically hang it sideways (rotate CCW 90degrees) with the CCR's parallel to each other, CCR 1 at the bottom. That way I reason, the sequence should play on the CCR thinking it was a tree, but because I rotated the CCR's to be horizontal, not vertical, it would play right to left, or left to right (thinking it was up or down).

I moved to Henderson, NV this year and I don't have an easy way to stand the CCR tree and star up in the front yard.

All of this is hard to describe with text. But, the way I look at it, the tree does retain all of its sequencing. The sequence is still being played to the same ribbons and as far as the software is concerned everything is being played the same. It is just that the tree (which is like a vertical matrix) has now been physically rotated left and is on its side, so all the sequencing got rotated left and is on its side as well.

Again, I want to confirm that is what you are seeing as opposed to the sequence still being played vertically but you are only seeing a portion of it in the horizontal matrix.

21 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

All of this is hard to describe with text. But, the way I look at it, the tree does retain all of its sequencing. The sequence is still being played to the same ribbons and as far as the software is concerned everything is being played the same. It is just that the tree (which is like a vertical matrix) has now been physically rotated left and is on its side, so all the sequencing got rotated left and is on its side as well.

Again, I want to confirm that is what you are seeing as opposed to the sequence still being played vertically but you are only seeing a portion of it in the horizontal matrix.

I agree it is hard to describe.  Let me try this. If I have a CCR tree where  1 is the bottom, and 50 is the top and a sequence instruction was to send a comet action from 1 to 50,  and I were to physically change that to be a horizontal bar - where the 1 is on the right, the 50 is on the left - if i were to run the same sequence I would expect it to start at the right end, going toward the left (1 -50).

What I had done was in the sequencer, I tried changing my currently vertical tree to a horizontal structure using one of the Matrix choices. That appears to show the 12 CCR's in a horizontal position, but when I run the sequence (I was using God Bless the USA), I get what appears to be sequencing going at about 90degrees off. Rather than a 1-50, it seems to be CCR1.25, CCR2.25, CCR3.25, CCR4.25, going "up" across the 12 CCR rows, rather than from right to left along a row.  The stars seems to cross over the horizontal rows from lower left to upper right.

Does this help explain it any more ?  What I may do is simply ignore changing the sequencer display and mount the 12 CCR's horizontally leaving them set to be a vertical tree.

If you do the following the sequence should get rotated 90 degrees to the left.

1) In the S5 sequencer make a horizontal matrix prop

2) In the motion effect row for that matrix do a right click and choose "Select" and then "Row"

3) Right click in the selection you just made and choose "Insert SuperStar Effect"

4) When superstar launches you should see the horizontal matrix, and the green sequencing grid should be horizontal as well.

5) Click on the File menu and select "Open" and open the sequence that you were using for your tree

6) Play the sequence in superstar and you should see the sequence on the horizontal matrix and it will be rotated 90 degrees to the left

7) Shut down superstar

Play it in the S5 sequencer and it should look the same as it did in superstar

Let me know if you get it to work, and if it is behaving the way you want it to.

5 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

If you do the following the sequence should get rotated 90 degrees to the left.

1) In the S5 sequencer make a horizontal matrix prop

2) In the motion effect row for that matrix do a right click and choose "Select" and then "Row"

3) Right click in the selection you just made and choose "Insert SuperStar Effect"

4) When superstar launches you should see the horizontal matrix, and the green sequencing grid should be horizontal as well.

5) Click on the File menu and select "Open" and open the sequence that you were using for your tree

6) Play the sequence in superstar and you should see the sequence on the horizontal matrix and it will be rotated 90 degrees to the left

7) Shut down superstar

Play it in the S5 sequencer and it should look the same as it did in superstar

Let me know if you get it to work, and if it is behaving the way you want it to.

Will do this later today. I had not created a new element as above, but had been trying to convert - thanks.