Light-O-Rama Forums

CCRs not playing in the show. Help

Box on Rails

Ok I just loaded S5 into my Show computer and set it up to run my house Pixels to see how well the group effects work. I am very pleased but my 4 CCR arches will not light up in S5. I got all the right setting for the network and controller numbers. When I was editing some sequences with the control lights button on everything I did on the screen was happening outside. All but the CCRs. I got into the hardware utility and the  2 CCRs were in the network unit 03 and 04.  I was able to control them through the hardware utility and all worked fine. I tried moving the CCrs over to a different network. ( I have 3) and no luck. I am Guessing the CCrs might need a update. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the solution?  thanks 

Kenny Jure

Are you running them on an enhanced network?

As I recall, the early CCRs needed a firmware update in order to use enhanced networking.

Yes another member had/ having similar issues read here 

Copy paste not working. Its about 5 or 6 threads below yours

Pixie2D CCR setup is title, maybe a little more than 5-6 under yours.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Are you running them on an enhanced network?

As I recall, the early CCRs needed a firmware update in order to use enhanced networking.

I am running enhanced and I'm going to update the firmware today. These CCRs are 9 years old and I have never had to upgrade. they have always worked fine in every version until now with the S5.

If they are nine years old, they need a firmware update.  Enhanced networking was not even close to happening back then.

Updating the firmware fix it .The CC Ribbons  are working but after 8 years one of the ribbons finally failed. well only the last half of the ribbon fail.  I thought I'll just go to the Light O Rama store and buy me a replacement Ribbon. Holy Molly....why are they so expensive. $150 for just the ribbon. ....... I might as well put that towards a  New Pixie 2  for  $170 and get an included controller and room to add 100 more pixels well what I ended up doing is cutting off the bad half of the ribbon and now instead of having four 8 foot arches I have Three. Thanks Jim for the heads up on the firmware. 

• Like 1