Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 controller

Kevin538

I have recently purchased a LOR system consisting of a pixie 16 controller, mini director with FM transmitter, regular 16 channel controller, Pro software and the TSO music package. Everything works great when I use the entire system with the mini director until I try to incorporate the Pixie 16 controller. I spoke to a representative at LOR and told them what my intentions were for the system and was advised that what I was purchasing would work fine. My plans were to use the regular controller with the light show (ready to go) and use the Pixie 16 controller to have two RGB (16 foot ribbons) arches working with the same show. The reason I did this was because I knew that every year the show was going to get a little bigger, but I did not want to overwhelm myself the first year I used the system. Well, its not working out and it appears I have a controller I can not use. The Pixie 16 will not work in conjunction with the TSO light show - whether it is couples with the regular controller or use by itself with the mini director.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or how to make this work. I can't seem to find anyone to talk to at LOR or any material (including videos) that will answer my questions. I have put a ticket in at the LOR Help Desk and the question was not answered- they did send me information on how to make the arches, not how to make the entire system work together.  Can anyone help or is there anyone I can talk to so I can figure out what to do or what I need to make this work? I have tried everything that I could possibly try and I'm a little frustrated spending this much money on a system I can't get to work as intended. 

16 minutes ago, Orville said:

My tag line strikes again! 🤣

I’ve been helping everyone with the Pixie16 since I beta tested it.

It keeps me on my toes LOL

JR

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I’ve been helping everyone with the Pixie16 since I beta tested it.

It keeps me on my toes LOL

JR

If I ever get one, I know the FIRST person I'm going to when or if I can't get it working!:D

20 minutes ago, Orville said:

If I ever get one, I know the FIRST person I'm going to when or if I can't get it working!:D

With as many people as I have helped, I don't think anyone has ever gotten it to work out of the box.

I had to build all but one of mine from the board up. The first one cost me 3 times more than the fully assembled versions (did have them available at BEta time)

Now my cost to build is a little more than fully assembled but its because of all the additional stuff I use.

I can say I have never had a problem with setting up a pixie controller 2/4/8 or 16 and never had a problem with running them.

If LOR would only update the manuals or **** Sticky my how to that I have posted in various threads.

They are the easiest to set up but everyone tries to go about it the wrong way. 

But yes, anything pixie feel free to ask my friend 

Orville- I try to get people to call me at 3:00 pm - that's when I am in my car driving the boys to Taekwando practice. I know that from school to TKD - they will be completely set up and running. LOL and I am doing 3 things at once. Totally legal in AL. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr