Light-O-Rama Forums

Walmart 27 inch candy canes lit

Joe Polenchar

Any one else not seeing these candy canes at the local Walmart this year?

Any one have any suggestions on where to find them?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

34 minutes ago, Joe Polenchar said:

Any one else not seeing these candy canes at the local Walmart this year?

Any one have any suggestions on where to find them?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I saw some that were 4' or so at my Walmart. My Lowes store also had the same about 4' long. I purchased almost 100 candy canes last Christmas sale. Never got to that project though along with my BAB's conversion but will in 2019. Not enough time in a day.

I did not pick them up to look at them because I would have had to buy them. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks for the reply JR. 4 Foot would be a bit long.

I am looking for the ones we all seem to use for the Candy Cane Spinners.

Walmart used to have them loose in boxes.

The used to cost around $3.00 each.

I say some Red ones, and some Green ones at my local Walmart. They were $7 or so. Not to many., so they may have sold out.

I grabbed a load of 18 from a Fleet Farm after Xmas sale for a little over $1 each plus shipping. As with everything Lighting, I shoulda got MORE.

PSI spent part of yesterday, converting some more from120V  Incan minis, to 12V LED (white) strips. for use with my CMB 24's

Just checked Fleet Farm, same List price as when I bought them

Interesting thing, they have a note the they cant ship to CA (Our stupid prop 65 rule?)

anyway $3.99 https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/noma-27-in-red-transparent-candy-cane/0000000213708?Ntt=candy cane

52 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Just checked Fleet Farm, same List price as when I bought them

Interesting thing, they have a note the they cant ship to CA (Our stupid prop 65 rule?)

anyway $3.99 https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/noma-27-in-red-transparent-candy-cane/0000000213708?Ntt=candy cane

Just checked.

They do not ship the candy canes.

Oh Well. Guess I will keep looking.

Joe

Same here. They will not work.

Thanks for  responding.

Edited by Joe Polenchar

I've seen 3 boxes of the singles 2 red and 1 green at our Walmarts. I bought the sets of 3 cheap for my spinners and just cut and installed my own plugs from dead strings.

7 hours ago, Joe Polenchar said:

Just checked.

They do not ship the candy canes.

Oh Well. Guess I will keep looking.

Joe

Maybe a Member here  lives in Wi, and will ship them to you.  As long as you don't do AIR, the rate should be fine (AIR has a 30 pound MINIMUM rate for anything that exceeds 2'x2')

our local walmart had three boxes full about two weeks ago I bought 6 $2.97 each they bare incan I will convert to led after Christmas.

David

1 hour ago, DLH lites said:

Hey yall can someone please explain -snubber  ?

an electric circuit intended to suppress voltage spikes.

That is the answer to your question.

It is a bit off topic for this thread.

Joe

• Confused 1

LOL, getting back on topic, AND also somewhat related to the snubber question (only because both use resistor(s)..

The Triple canes I cut apart, and used a resistor divider (2 resistors) to get the 40 some odd volts for each cane (each cane needed a separate 2 resistors. this way they are now single canes.

I'd have to get into the box that has all the canes in it to remember what the values where..... but guessing 4000 ohms on the high side and 2000 ohms on the shunt side is ringing in my pea brain for some reason, 1 watt each.... 

Edited by a31ford

Even took some of the canes and re-fed the wires from the top down, so I could hang some in the trees. used a fishtape.....

Edited by a31ford

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, a31ford said:

LOL, getting back on topic, AND also somewhat related to the snubber question (only because both use resistor(s)..

The Triple canes I cut apart, and used a resistor divider (2 resistors) to get the 40 some odd volts for each cane (each cane needed a separate 2 resistors. this way they are now single canes.

I'd have to get into the box that has all the canes in it to remember what the values where..... but guessing 4000 ohms on the high side and 2000 ohms on the shunt side is ringing in my pea brain for some reason, 1 watt each.... 

Do you have a diagram of how you wired that up?  I've got some triple canes as well that I'm looking to do something similar.

Give me a bit, and I'll do a session on it, I'm talking the 3 canes that have one input lead and a jumper pair between each cane. (2 canes have 2 cables, and one cane has one.)

Greg