Light-O-Rama Forums

New to S5, sequencing pixels

Goldie1970

I’m moving from S4 to S5 and adding pixels this year. Just finished building the bullet strips and starting to build my preview. Just have some thoughts that keep cropping up on sequencing...

I have about 12 sequences I’ve used the past few years.  A couple I did myself, some I bought from the sequence store at LOR. I bought both versions from the sequence store: some I can change, some I can’t. 

None of these have the pixels that I am adding, a 16 x 50 tree with a 270 pixels boscoyo star. While I can’t change the sequences that are locked from the sequence store, I’m wondering if I can add to them. Can I add a tree/star to a locked sequence by adding another controller to it?  And advice you all have on sequencing is appreciated!  

For clarity I have S5 Advanced but not superstar 

A locked sequence is just that a locked sequence. You cannot add, delete or change it.

I have to ask, if you have been using S4 for the past few years why would you change to S5 now and not wait until after the Holidays? S5 learning curve is too much for must to get comfortable using it this close to lights on.

34 minutes ago, Goldie1970 said:

I’m moving from S4 to S5 and adding pixels this year. Just finished building the bullet strips and starting to build my preview. Just have some thoughts that keep cropping up on sequencing...

I have about 12 sequences I’ve used the past few years.  A couple I did myself, some I bought from the sequence store at LOR. I bought both versions from the sequence store: some I can change, some I can’t. 

None of these have the pixels that I am adding, a 16 x 50 tree with a 270 pixels boscoyo star. While I can’t change the sequences that are locked from the sequence store, I’m wondering if I can add to them. Can I add a tree/star to a locked sequence by adding another controller to it?  And advice you all have on sequencing is appreciated!  

For clarity I have S5 Advanced but not superstar 

As far as the "Locked" or "Ready to Go" sequences. LOR will typically apply what you paid for them to the "you can modify". Don't hold me to that since I do not hold the keys to LOR. 

I think I read it on their website some place.

I also agree with Mr. P use S4 for this season and after the holidays start playing with S5 (if you must)

JR

Even if I take the advice to stay on S4, I can’t run my pixel tree/star with the old sequences. I guess I can run the old stuff off the computer and use the tree/star with my mini director and have it show effects not tied to the music and other controllers. 

But that’s no fun!

Edited by Goldie1970

I am going repeat the advise, that with but a couple weeks until show start time, trying to learn S5 at this time would be a mistake.  There is a large learning curve with S5.  I am using S5 this year, but I started with S5 on day one of the beta almost a year and a half ago.

with that said, I would suggest purchasing sequences for the pixel tree.  You don’t really have time to learn pixel tree sequencing and by looking at how some of the experts did some of the effects, you will learn.  At least for your modifiable sequences, you can fairly easily copy and paste the contents of those sequences into the tree sequences.  Obviously that only works if you have the same song (with the exact same music).