Light-O-Rama Forums

Different directory for Playback files

Brad Stucky

Perhaps I'm missing a menu item choice but is there a way to create/save the S5 Playback files to a directory different from the work files?

Edited by Brad Stucky
mis-spell

Just tried it and no it doesn't seem to give you the option of where to save it. It saves the playback files to the directory the .loredit sequence was loaded from. After you create the playback files, you can copy / move the .lid, .lms files anywhere you like. These are the only 2 files you need in a Show Directory.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks Alan.   I guess once I've converted all the lms files I've imported from S4 and finish editing and deleting or archiving them so that I only have .loredit files, the sifting through to copy the play.lms playback files will be easier.

25 minutes ago, Brad Stucky said:

I've imported from S4 and finish editing and deleting or archiving them so that I only have .loredit files, the sifting through to copy the play.lms playback files will be easier.

I really, really recommend not deleting anything until you are absolutely sure you won't need them again. I backed up all my stuff to another drive, then also copied the older S4 stuff to a different folder called Pre S4 Backups. The older stuff can sit in there forever, it's out of my way but still there just in case. Just a thought.

Alan...

Thanks, Alan.  I do have my files backed up to other drives and on my original editing computer that still has S4, in fact I have all of my old ones dating back by yearly folder to 2006.  Silly me, but I find it amusing to look at them now and then.😁

Hope your season is going well.