Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2D CCP setup

Believe

Ok, I did change the network speed in NP to 500.0K but I noticed no change so I changed it back.   As for the slide control in the HU I tried that as well. As I moved it the the 24LED's moved up the ribbon but the 24LED's behind stayed dark.  My residential controller is a CTB16PCg3.  Does this mean a red adapter would be needed?  Thank you so much for your reply. 

9 minutes ago, Believe said:

Ok, I did change the network speed in NP to 500.0K but I noticed no change so I changed it back.   As for the slide control in the HU I tried that as well. As I moved it the the 24LED's moved up the ribbon but the 24LED's behind stayed dark.  My residential controller is a CTB16PCg3.  Does this mean a red adapter would be needed?  Thank you so much for your reply. 

You probably need the firmware update. A member yesterday had the same problem. Lighting up about 1//3 string and acting weird. He updated the firm ware all problems solved.

JR

1 minute ago, Believe said:

Do I update all controllers? 

Not unless you notice problems. If its not broke don't fix it. If you google LOR Firmware updates and scroll down to your controller. Ensure - repeat ensure it is the correct update and look for any * before installing.

Read the directions- you have to place the update file in a certain directory, connect only that controller to the computer, use the "update" tab in HU and follow the boxes

JR

33 minutes ago, Believe said:

How do I know what level of firmware I currently have installed? 

In the HU when you hit refresh and it searches for controllers, the controller pops up with the firmware version.

Tks Mr. P the CMB24D & CTB16PCg3 are at the most current levels. The Pixie2 is at the current level as well however there is an * next to the next level up 1.04 that says it requires Showtime designer pixels. I don't believe I have them but I do have CCR smart pixels with controller. If you scroll up the list you will see CCR with controller listed. How do I determine what level of firmware is installed for the CCR's?

6 minutes ago, Believe said:

Tks Mr. P the CMB24D & CTB16PCg3 are at the most current levels. The Pixie2 is at the current level as well however there is an * next to the next level up 1.04 that says it requires Showtime designer pixels. I don't believe I have them but I do have CCR smart pixels with controller. If you scroll up the list you will see CCR with controller listed. How do I determine what level of firmware is installed for the CCR's?

The Showtime Designer Pixels is actually not the lights but it is the new S5.

So it appears if you have S5 you would need the firmware update for full control of all the features.

As far as what controller you have, if you purchased the ccr kit with the lights you probably need the firmware. According to what it says in the  ( ).

However, I would look at your invoice. I know the CCR's are pixie2's but also the lights that come with them also have updates so it could change the system model #.

If you don't know the best way is to submit a ticket to ensure. I would hate to cost you a couple hundred dollars. Never install firmware update unless you are sure. If LOR tells you to install and their is a problem , its not your fault and they will/ should replace.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

according to my software upgrade I purchased last year, I purchased the upgrade to S4 Software. Does that require the firmware update?

17 minutes ago, Believe said:

according to my software upgrade I purchased last year, I purchased the upgrade to S4 Software. Does that require the firmware update?

They are completely different.

Firmware updates are for the hardware - controllers and lights. As above, I recommend asking LOR on the update or risk bricking the controller.

Nothing to do with your license. If your license level on your profile is correct your software level is good for the ccr's.

JR

My  invoice says (NEW CCR +) Cosmic Color Controller II with 2 CCR-II Ribbons. I have reopened a ticked to get verification on software and what firmware Ver is required for the items I purchased.

The reply from LOR support said Version 1.04 for Cosmic Color Controller II / Pixie2 is now available ... 

i assume they are suggesting I download it? 

I bought my Pixie II about a month ago and updated to 1.04 without issue.

One of my ribbons was bad, but that's another issue.

7 minutes ago, Believe said:

I completed the download however when I refresh in HU the device comes up as 03- Unknown Device ???

That's because v1.04 requires Showtime Designer Pixels hence the * beside it. You will need to upgrade to the most current version of S4 or go to S5

From the firmware page:

*PixieXXD firmware 1.04 and higher requires ShowTime Designer Pixels (aka: s5) or ShowTime Designer Classic 4.3.34 or higher for full compatibility. 
Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

Tks Mr. P,  I completed the software download to S4 4.4.0 . When I open HU and refresh all units are identified properly.  The Unknown device ????  Has disappeared. However, once I refesh and close HU and open a sequence all of the red lights on the controllers start blinking. I assume communication has been lost. 

12 minutes ago, Believe said:

Tks Mr. P,  I completed the software download to S4 4.4.0 . When I open HU and refresh all units are identified properly.  The Unknown device ????  Has disappeared. However, once I refesh and close HU and open a sequence all of the red lights on the controllers start blinking. I assume communication has been lost. 

Make sure you close the HU down before you open SE. When the HU opens it grabs the comm port and it must release it before SE opens and tries to grab it. Only one program at a time can use the comm port so ensure HU is shut down and the lights start flashing then open SE, give it a few seconds then SE should grab the comm port and the lights should go solid again.

You are correct and I should have know that since you explained that before.  So everything is working "normally" again however, the Pixie2 LED's continue to light as described before. At this point, I think it's my sequence and I need to follow dibblejr's advice and create a test sequence. I will give that a try and let you know the results. In the meantime, any thoughts and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Believe said:

You are correct and I should have know that since you explained that before.  So everything is working "normally" again however, the Pixie2 LED's continue to light as described before. At this point, I think it's my sequence and I need to follow dibblejr's advice and create a test sequence. I will give that a try and let you know the results. In the meantime, any thoughts and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

Does the pixie 2 have dip switches?

Check the HU and ensure the Unit ID is the same as what you assigned. I am thinking your assignment didn't work and if you have a Unit ID already assigned to Unit 1 and the sequence you are using has a Unit 1 it is actually playing the Unit 1 part of the sequence.

Sorry I do not recall if the pixie 2 has dip switches. So many to keep up with however you being S4 makes it so much easier for me to assist you.

*** Answered my own question about the pixie2 and dip switches. They do have dip switches so you need to open the box and ensure all dip switches are in the same "off" position. Normally LOR send the controllers configured as Unit 1. The #8 dip switch is probably set to "on". If so turn it off and close the box.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yes, the dip switches are all in the off position. I thought the new motionpak sequences would support CCD's but according to LOR the first motionpaks are only going to support singing faces. So I need to add my own programming for the CCD's . All of the sequences I have purchased are modifiable. So i want to try my luck at building a test sequence to see if the CCD's work. I'm scratching my head right now. Lol