Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2D CCP setup

Believe

I am currently using a CTB16PC linked to a CMB24D and utilizing LOR store bought modifiable sequences, my software is PRO good thru version 5.6.*. With that said I want to link the Pixie2D with two CCR's to my current configuration. To date my display meets all my expectations and my fear is if I intergrate the Pixie2D I will end up with a problem that will impact my existing setup. If I follow the user manual provided by LOR and for some reason I can't make the lights work if I disconnect the Ethernet cable from the CMB24D and refresh the HU will everything default back to what I have now? Does this make sense or am I being too paranoid? Whatever suggestions you provide will be greatly appreciated. 

First off the Pixie2 normally comes to you set to Unit ID 1 set by the dip switches inside. You will have to open the controller and turn all dip switches off so you can set the ID with the HU. you probably have your CTB16 and CMB24 set as Unit IDs 1&2 so if you didn't already change the Pixie then you will have conflict. The Pixie2 will use two Unit IDs one for each string, you set the first ID (Base ID) and the software automatically sets the second ID.

Thank you so much for your response. Everything has worked as you stated the dip switches are all off and each string has its own  unit  id. However, when I energize the ribbons via the pixel console only the first 24 pixels light. They respond to any color RGB but only the first 24 light. I'm sure it a setting but so far I have been unable to identify it.  Regards

13 minutes ago, Believe said:

Thank you so much for your response. Everything has worked as you stated the dip switches are all off and each string has its own  unit  id. However, when I energize the ribbons via the pixel console only the first 24 pixels light. They respond to any color RGB but only the first 24 light. I'm sure it a setting but so far I have been unable to identify it.  Regards

When something like that happens then it is usually your channel config or speed setting. Pixies require a 500k speed setting so what adapter are you using and what are your speed settings for the network?

My adapter is a USB 485.  My network speed was set to 57.6k ... I changed it to 500 .0k  I shut everything down and restarted but no change. Only the 1st   24 light.   What am I looking for in the channel configuration of a sequence?  My units are Unit 01 is the CTB16  unit 07 is the CMB24D and units 03 & 04 are the Pixie2 . 

55 minutes ago, Believe said:

My adapter is a USB 485.  My network speed was set to 57.6k ... I changed it to 500 .0k  I shut everything down and restarted but no change. Only the 1st   24 light.   What am I looking for in the channel configuration of a sequence?  My units are Unit 01 is the CTB16  unit 07 is the CMB24D and units 03 & 04 are the Pixie2 . 

If I am reading this correctly you have a 

CTB16 - Unit 1

NO Unit 2

Pixie 2 Units 3&4

Unit 7 CMB24

To me it sounds like the CMB24 is actually controlling your channels (units) that the pixie is controlling.

May I ask why the gaps? Its not a big deal but you could have written the sequence to the gaps by mistake (depending on how you made the gaps)

Also ensure "Enhanced" is checked in the 500K network.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your questions are valid and reveal my limited knowledge to working with the vast capabilities of the LOR  products. My display is unique as it is indoors and part of a train and village layout. I started with the CBT16 about 4 or 5 years ago then 2 years later I added the CMB24. A year or so ago I purchased the Pixie2 but was told purchased sequences do not support CCR  but there were plans to do so in the future. However I I could build a sequence on my own. Recently, I was told via the LOR help desk that MotionPaks were in development and would enable CCR to be utilized in purchased sequences. As for the unit ids, 01 was for the CBT16 I believe I chose 07 for the CMB24 based on what I saw in the sequence. Does that make sense? 03 & 04 were assigned when I refreshed in the HU. My goal is to have the two CCR's which are installed along two sepetate 14' runs of straight train track execute some sort of fade or chasing effect within a sequence. crazy huh?  Where do I find the enhanced box?   Regards

1 minute ago, Believe said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your questions are valid and reveal my limited knowledge to working with the vast capabilities of the LOR  products. My display is unique as it is indoors and part of a train and village layout. I started with the CBT16 about 4 or 5 years ago then 2 years later I added the CMB24. A year or so ago I purchased the Pixie2 but was told purchased sequences do not support CCR  but there were plans to do so in the future. However I I could build a sequence on my own. Recently, I was told via the LOR help desk that MotionPaks were in development and would enable CCR to be utilized in purchased sequences. As for the unit ids, 01 was for the CBT16 I believe I chose 07 for the CMB24 based on what I saw in the sequence. Does that make sense? 03 & 04 were assigned when I refreshed in the HU. My goal is to have the two CCR's which are installed along two sepetate 14' runs of straight train track execute some sort of fade or chasing effect within a sequence. crazy huh?  Where do I find the enhanced box?   Regards

I did "N" scale model railroading for many years. LOL 

The enhance box

Open the Control Panel

Right Click on the Light Bulb

Scroll to NetWork Preferences NP

If you've never been there before click on the "Advanced" tab on the right and you should see a screen that looks like a spread sheet. 

Click on the LOR tab

Click on the speed and a box will appear. If the speed is set at 500 you only have to look for the "enhanced" box and check it. Click apply and then OK

Disregard the "enhanced" warning

If all else is correct your lights should work

If you need more help feel free to ask.

JR

Humm no change. Still the 1st 24 pixels light. I'm open to any suggestions. In the meantime, I will continue to search the documentation for an answer. I really appreciate your response.  Regards

Ok,  in the HU I executed the Test Unit Operations . I was able to light the entire ribbon in the light mode on at 100%  with both ports. In addition the chase the shimmer and twinkle test all worked. However, when I go to the pixel console and enter the unit id and move the master slide only the first 24 led's light. Any thoughts? 

In the pixel console there is a horizontal slider below the vertical ones, which selects the next group of pixels. Just move it one click to the right and it will put pix 25 to 48, on the vertical sliders. If memory serves there are just 24 sliders.

If you can't find it post back and I'll post a cap, but it will be tomorrow when I get to a pc.

Ok, I went to the pixel console the select pixel group was faded out so I changed the controller type to CCB/CCP/Pixie and the select pixel group became highlighted. I moved it one click to the right as you suggested. As I moved it the 24 LED's moved down the ribbon. Each click moved it ahead but the LED's behind it went dark.  

So it sounds like your pixels are working then. The HU is only for initial setup and testing. Now you know they work it's time to set them up in the SE and sequence away.

It's my understanding the Pixie2 CCR is not supported with any current store bought sequences. Is that accurate? When I execute a sequence the Pixie2 is recognized but only the first 24 LED's are active.  The remainder of the CCR remains dark throughout the sequence. Any thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Believe said:

It's my understanding the Pixie2 CCR is not supported with any current store bought sequences. Is that accurate? When I execute a sequence the Pixie2 is recognized but only the first 24 LED's are active.  The remainder of the CCR remains dark throughout the sequence. Any thoughts? 

The device does not matter. If there is a sequence written to those unit IDs and every thing is configured correct lights will play.

You can check the sequence by openeinh up all RGB rows and scroll and see if there is a sequence written to every row

JR

1 hour ago, Believe said:

Why don't you make your own test sequence? When I help someone I do that every time. If they don't have light and are in S4 I simply modify one of my ccr trees for their controller, send it to them and test. I have almost every combination or starting unit IDs.

Open a new sequence with your config.

Select any song

Drop down to your RGB channels

Open up the color fade tool - top right of the tool bar and depending what version you have about 3-4 to the left

Now you can leave the default there which is a fade from red to gree or green to red (CRS today)

Scroll the sequence all the way to the right - speeds up the dragging - and right click your mouse and drag all the way to the very edge of your screen. You do not have to stay on the working grid. You will see what I mean

DOing that the color fade will be in revers order however you are only testing so the color is not importanr

Optio 2 - if you don't like the fade and want a solid color make the color options the same from start to finish by selecting the color.

When you are finised ensure to depress the blue arrow on that same tool bar left end. If you don't wherever you click on the screen you will add or change color

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I tried your suggestion but was unable to build it as you described. I do have modifiable sequences and was thinking I could do the same thing by modifying a row of the RGB channels.  However, when I did that still only the 1st 24 LED's lite up. Again, they all light when I use the Test Unit's Operation in the HU. 

2 hours ago, Believe said:

I tried your suggestion but was unable to build it as you described. I do have modifiable sequences and was thinking I could do the same thing by modifying a row of the RGB channels.  However, when I did that still only the 1st 24 LED's lite up. Again, they all light when I use the Test Unit's Operation in the HU. 

Is there sequence written throughout the sequence?

You have to open the entire RGB wows to see this

If they all light in the HU that means the strings are good. That’s all it means.

JR

In this particular (purchased sequence) the unit id's and their functions are as follows:

01 primary 16 - the rows are titled roof, Windows etc however, this is the CBT16  all 16 channels are connected to various display items throughout the display.

02  accent 16 -  the rows are titled mini tree  however I do not have a controller assigned to this unit id. 

03 accent 16 -  the rows are titled arch this is the unit id that was assigned by LOR when I connected the Pixie2 

04 accent 16 - the rows are titled mega tree again, this Id was assigned by LOR when I connected the Pixie2

05 accent 16 - the row title says not assigned 

06 accent 16 - rows 1,2,3&4 say strobe the remainder of the rows are titled not assigned

07  primary 8 - the rows are titled RGB window 1,2 thru 8 this is being used by the CMB24D all 8 channels are connected to various LED strips positioned throughout the display. 

08  accent 8 -  the rows are titled RGB floodlight 1,2,thru 8 

Needless to say unit id 01 and 07 work fine  throughout the sequence and unit id 03 & 04 both work but only  light the 1st 24 LED's 

I think I may be becoming a pain to you guys. I'm sure some of this is a result of my below average skill with LOR 

IMHO you need a Red (HS) adapter. The black one was not designed for faster than 115K.

Check http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

to see if ALL connected boards (if that CTB16 is NOT a gen 3, then NO) support 500K

Now, you mentioned  Pixel console. This is the button in the HU? There is a slider at the bottom, you only have Intensity sliders for 8 NODES (RGB) at a time. If you use your mouse, and drag the group slider over (carefully), the numbers above the intensity sliders change (by groups of 24)