Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting into the spirit

bbass101

Halloween is over which means its time for me to start working on the Christmas display for this year. I have many songs that just need to have channels shifted for this years display, but I am having a hard time getting motivated to start working on everything. So here's the question: how does everyone mentally get into the spirit  of programming Christmas songs. Do you watch videos of last years show, look through old sequence archives ? Thoughts ??

30 minutes ago, bbass101 said:

Halloween is over which means its time for me to start working on the Christmas display for this year. I have many songs that just need to have channels shifted for this years display, but I am having a hard time getting motivated to start working on everything. So here's the question: how does everyone mentally get into the spirit  of programming Christmas songs. Do you watch videos of last years show, look through old sequence archives ? Thoughts ??

My opinion, if you still need to sequence at this time of year, you are way behind.  Time to be setting up now....

This year, I started sequencing in late February.  However I had a lot of changes, so I knew I needed to start early.

8 hours ago, bbass101 said:

So here's the question: how does everyone mentally get into the spirit  of programming Christmas songs. Do you watch videos of last years show, look through old sequence archives ? Thoughts ??

That's easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the wife.  🙄

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

My opinion, if you still need to sequence at this time of year, you are way behind.  Time to be setting up now....

This year, I started sequencing in late February.  However I had a lot of changes, so I knew I needed to start early.

I am totally behind, but even still I can't seem to get into the rhythm of programming this year. 

I do a little bit as a hobby all year long so I am not so stressed when the season comes.  I'll take an occasional Saturday at least once in each month of the year to work on a sequence.  It also keeps the mind fresh on the use of the software.

I'm the same way in that I'm working on it all year long.  I actually feel really good about this year's display as I spent the early part of the year repairing/packing away last year's display, started sequencing in spring/summer and have added a number of new songs and new display elements, and then started setup a few weeks ago (I always start the first weekend in Oct.).  

Spreading it out keeps it from being overwhelming.  People do think you’re strange listening to Christmas music all year...

• The topic was locked