Light-O-Rama Forums

What am I doing wrong?!

Paducks

I have watched the pixel editor tutorials as well as read the pdf and can’t seem to get the pixel editor to work. I am new to this and don’t understand. If I already have sequences set up from previous years in the sequence editor - can I just import them into the pixel editor after I set up my one prop (LOR pixie tree 16x25)?

I had gone through the tutorial and set up my prop for Christmas 2018 then from the instructions:

 To add the Pixel Tree to an existing sequence, simply select File > Open from the Pixel Editor's main menu; then select the LOR sequence file (files with an LMS or LAS extension). Do NOT add the Pixel Tree channels to your existing sequence using the Sequence Editor. The Pixel Tree channels will only exist in the Pixel Editor sequence.

I did the above step and nothing showed on the preview screen. Not even my tree “prop” was seen. Please help and thank you for any help!

Allison

Do you have your prop of your pixel tree setup in the pixel preview  ? Did you sequence your tree in the pixel editor if so when you created the prop for the pixel editor did you select to be sequenced in pixel sditor .

Thank you so it was outdated drivers!! I now have the preview with my prop so when I am done with putting effects to songs I will probsbly have to email again to incorporate it into my current show. Thank you again!!

• 5 weeks later...

Did you end up figuring out how to incorporate it into your existing sequences?  I purchased the 16x25 pixel tree kit as well and have successfully sequenced it using pixel editor. The problem I have now is trying to combine my existing sequences from sequence editor with the pixel tree in pixel editor. I have opened the existing SE sequences in PE, along with my pixel tree and it brings over the channels, but I can’t actually view or edit them. In addition, I have incandescent leaping arches in those SE sequences and it seems like they have a mind of their own when playing them through PE as they just randomly flash. Any advice or suggestions that anybody can offer is much appreciated. 

Yes I did get it to work but you have to view everything in the sequence editor. When you are done with the pixie tree in pixel editor did you save as intensity file? Also make sure your network is set to aux in pixel editor as you can’t have same network for regular light and pixie tree. 

When you save file as intensity in pixel editor you will then open up sequence editor and should be able to open up your song with your regular network showing as usual and if you scroll down all the way it should also list the prop for pixie channel as well. If you need to edit you can edit in sequence editor for regular network only whereas pixel editor is only for editing pixie props etc. 

I don’t have any arches so can’t add information to that issue but hope the above helps. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and provide this information.  I saved my PE sequences as intensity files and everything is up and running now through SE just as you suggested.

As far as your network suggestion, do you have 2 of the USB485-HS adapters hooked up to your PC then, one to control the pixel tree and one to control your incandescent lights or are they all through the same adapter?  Thanks again. 

No problem! For the adaptors I run my show off of an SD card through a GP3 director but when I am checking the lights out to test from computer I run one adapter into the computer that connects to my 16 channel controller. I believe you can then daisy chain to pixie tree controller. Make sure your network config as reg and aux networks on your ports so you don’t have them both on the same network. 

I'm trying to move to a new computer and have all the files moved over, but I can't get my sequences that I made in Pixel Editor to load what I've done. I only edited my Pixels in PE, the rest was done in SE.

On my old PC, I can see the timings in PE, and I'm pretty sure SE will play the channels (just doesn't have them listed in channel config). I need to see my timings for editing purposes on the new PC.

Kind of at a loss here as to what file I may need or what setting I am missing.

1 hour ago, DocBrown86 said:

I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I wouldn’t think that would cause that though...

Did you check your license level on the new computer? 

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Did you check your license level on the new computer? 

JR

Should be pro. I’ll double check but I used the same license number that I’ve used for everything in the past and it no longer said I was in demo mode. 

If this ever helps anyone, I needed the file with extension "sequencename.lms.pe.lid"

It was saving into a random folder Sequences -> Sequences. Never would have guessed it dropped into 2 folders deep called Sequences.

Edited by DocBrown86

7 hours ago, DocBrown86 said:

It was saving into a random folder Sequences -> Sequences. Never would have guessed it dropped into 2 folders deep called Sequences.

Very unlikely it was SE randomly saving the file there. More likely you accidentally pointed it there at some time. 

8 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Very unlikely it was SE randomly saving the file there. More likely you accidentally pointed it there at some time. 

I don’t doubt it. Regardless of my user error, I just tried moving it all to my show computer and didn’t get my fades in PE.

I came to my conclusion earlier when I saved intensity data in PE, it said “saved as file noted above, in the location specified.” I made sure to bring that file over with my PE and SE file. No fades present on PE, and this time it won’t play the PE stuff in the show (my other SE files seem to remember the PE programming, even though I can’t bring it up).