Light-O-Rama Forums

So many sequences, but where do you find the mp3's

tvweather62

Hey there...

We are using LOR, Basic Plus with .lms files.

We have found many places for sequences, but I don't know where exactly to find the mp3's to match these sequences?

Specifically, looking for audio files of famous tv and movie Xmas quotes. I have found a few, but have no idea where to find the audio files and if they'll match with the existing sequences.

Thanks so much!

Of course, the best way to get MP3's is to legally purchase them from places like Amazon or ITunes.  They are only around $1.30 or so each.

26 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Of course, the best way to get MP3's is to legally purchase them from places like Amazon or ITunes.  They are only around $1.30 or so each.

Ha!  I heard the music on some of LOR's sample shows and ended up buying the whole CD, and sometimes a bunch from that artist. (mumbles another way to blow my budget)

(I'm old school. I have music, I can touch and still play when the Network or power goes down. I do have battery operated equipment)

BTW: WMP and VLC can rip the CD to MP3

MP3million . com (no S in million)

5-20 cents each song. Ive been using them since around 2006. I could not afford to sequence faces through any other place. Now in the rare event they don't have a specif song I am forced to purchase from other sources.

DevMike with his background probably knows more about this but I guess they are legal.

"All materials distributed through the Mp3million.com authorized by the license # 67/17M-10 of the Rightholders Federation for Collective Copyright Management of Works Used Interactively (NP "FAIR") issued for Mp3million LTD."

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I also have purchased a few downloaded sons, but the vast majority of my music is on CDs.  Now I will point out that every one has been ripped and the mp3 files reside on my server and many are also on my phone.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:42 AM, tvweather62 said:

Hey there...

We are using LOR, Basic Plus with .lms files.

We have found many places for sequences, but I don't know where exactly to find the mp3's to match these sequences?

Specifically, looking for audio files of famous tv and movie Xmas quotes. I have found a few, but have no idea where to find the audio files and if they'll match with the existing sequences.

Thanks so much!

Where are you in Florida? 

I'm in {I think} North-East Orlando {Hwy 50 aka E. Colonial Dr. near Greenway Ford or whatever they're calling it now}, but have others call it South East, so I think it should be NE, but what do I know? LOL

PM me with details where you're located, I don't drive and don't own transportation, but if you are close enough maybe we could still meet up and I could possibly help you out with some things.

• 2 weeks later...

I go to my local Goodwill, St Vincent DePaul, Salvation Army Stores. You can pick up Christmas Cd's for next to nothing there. I now have 190 Christmas cd's... Any song I don't have, I purchase through amazon or iTunes... I have a program called CLZ which is a database for music Cd's... I can just type in a song title to see if I already own it....very handy!

Edited by mike97520
Additional info

I go the thrift stores, buy clearance CD's at various locations, such as Wal-Mart, target, K-Mart {if they are evens till around}. I also buy online from CD Baby, ITunes and other music sites that sell single copy MP3 files.   And if I just can't locate a song for sale because it's now what they call out of "print" or "production", then and only then do I use a software program to convert a YouTube video to MP3, 

But like stated, that last option IS the LAST RESORT if it just can no longer be found for purchase.  

And on occasion, you may just find a song no longer being sold and that's one of the ONLY ways left to get it, unless you happen to have an old CD with it on it{but if you're looking for it, this option is doubtful}, or unless can borrow a CD from a friend or family member with the song and then convert to MP3 format.

Mp3 music online radio, free songs to download and use and more music then you will know what to do with all FREE

I use to go to YouTube and convert the videos to mp3 but alot of the popular ones are protected and can't be converted. Much easier to go to the mp3 radio site and download them for free.

Edited by Mister

• The topic was locked