Light-O-Rama Forums

CCC-II (Pixie 2) issues

dannh

So I've got 2 odd things happening with a new CCC-II. It's setup with 2 strings of 100 lights

First, only the first 60 or so lights work on the first string, and on the 2nd string only about 75 work. The software acts like the others are working (if I set it up for a sweep it takes time to go over the non-working pixels) 

Second when it's plugged in but there's no active show running some of the pixels light up.

Any ideas what it could be? Is there a reset or a firmware update I could do?

4 hours ago, dannh said:

So I've got 2 odd things happening with a new CCC-II. It's setup with 2 strings of 100 lights

First, only the first 60 or so lights work on the first string, and on the 2nd string only about 75 work. The software acts like the others are working (if I set it up for a sweep it takes time to go over the non-working pixels) 

Second when it's plugged in but there's no active show running some of the pixels light up.

Any ideas what it could be? Is there a reset or a firmware update I could do?

Network/ channel config not correct.

You probably have another controller sharing the same unit ID

JR

After a bit more troubleshooting it actually looks like it's the lights themselves. Grabbed a new set of lights and plugged into same controller and got them all lit. Going to check connections and what not but don't have high hopes on that set.

18 minutes ago, dannh said:

After a bit more troubleshooting it actually looks like it's the lights themselves. Grabbed a new set of lights and plugged into same controller and got them all lit. Going to check connections and what not but don't have high hopes on that set.

Was helping Kevin538 yesterday with his pixie16. Had one string working the other string buggy. He installed the firmware update all worked well.

You may need to look into the firmware update if one is available.

JR

• The topic was locked