Light-O-Rama Forums
~DOC~

Speakers and FM transmitter

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

You may well be over driving the transmitter input. Try reducing  the  audio levels out of the PC to about 70 % and see if it cleans up the sound.

Ninja'd

12 minutes ago, Capt_Bill_USMC said:

Just wondering if you could recommend a cable.  I'm using the exact FM transmitter that you posted here and it is staticy and the static intesifies with the intensity of the music.  Some people cannot pick it up at all.  I'd love to find a quality shielded aux cable.  I searched a bit online and found them, but not sure of the quality.  Thanks!

Ok, thank you.  Sorry for my ignorance but how do I do that?  

Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right of the task bar, and choose mixer, and adjust the volume slider.

+1 Phil     In addition you should be muting anything else which could make a sound on your show computer.    

VolumeMixer.jpg

52 minutes ago, Capt_Bill_USMC said:

Just wondering if you could recommend a cable.  I'm using the exact FM transmitter that you posted here and it is staticy and the static intesifies with the intensity of the music.  Some people cannot pick it up at all.  I'd love to find a quality shielded aux cable.  I searched a bit online and found them, but not sure of the quality.  Thanks!

If the poor audio gets worse with louder music, almost guarantee that you are overdriving the transmitter.  Turn the audio level down.  My standard advise is to turn the audio all the way down to zero.  Obviously you won't hear anything.  Then turn it up - just a little.  Likely will be REALLY quiet.  Keep repeating until the audio is good without distorting on the peaks.  the big part of that is make small adjustments.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

+1 Phil     In addition you should be muting anything else which could make a sound on your show computer.    

VolumeMixer.jpg

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If the poor audio gets worse with louder music, almost guarantee that you are overdriving the transmitter.  Turn the audio level down.  My standard advise is to turn the audio all the way down to zero.  Obviously you won't hear anything.  Then turn it up - just a little.  Likely will be REALLY quiet.  Keep repeating until the audio is good without distorting on the peaks.  the big part of that is make small adjustments.

Thank you!

On 11/19/2018 at 10:22 PM, k6ccc said:

Also be advised that the "cheapo" transmitter posted earlier has an input volume knob on the right which needs to be adjusted as well. 

I have the PC speaker output fed into a splitter which goes to that transmitter (reaches several blocks easily from the first floor window placement) and to an older Radio Shack amplifier that feeds two waterproof speakers (from Best Buy).   One speaker is on the porch, and the other is in front of a tree about 3/4 of the way to the street.   We have large lots here, so the noise isn't a problem, but when we lived where it was a problem, the amp was shut off at 9:30pm (leaving the transmitter on) and the show stopped at 11pm.