Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence won't play

Keenon

I purchased  few sequences since this is my first time and I can't get the sequence or the music to play in the editor. I've added the media file and still nothing will work.

41 minutes ago, Keenon said:

I purchased  few sequences since this is my first time and I can't get the sequence or the music to play in the editor. I've added the media file and still nothing will work.

Please explain in more detail.

Which editor? Sequence Editor (SE) or Show Editor, Pixel Editor

What controllers and how do you have it/ them connected.

Are you trying to watch them on your actual props, vis or animator?

JR

sequence editor S4 basic, I don't hve the computer connected to the controller, just trying to get the sequence to play with with the audio on the computer

5 minutes ago, Keenon said:

sequence editor S4 basic, I don't hve the computer connected to the controller, just trying to get the sequence to play with with the audio on the computer

What happens when you hit the green play button?

DO you have speakers on? 

Have you linked the music to the sequence?

The first time you open a sequence you should get an erro message about missing media file

You will have to link the media file to the sequence

"Edit" and scroll down to media file and point SE to it. It is best to keep all audio files in the LOR Audio Directory as well as sequence in the dequence directory folders

My Documents/ Light O Rama/ audio & sequences 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

20 minutes ago, Keenon said:

Thinking it's my computer. I cant get any music to play offline

Do you have a music player you can test the MP3 with?  Perhaps you got a bad download of the MP3 file, I've had that happen quite a few times, had to re-download it again.

Also, if you happen to click anywhere above the blocks where you turn on/off the lights,t's actually in the "Time Scale" area it will put a mark in the sequence and if you hit play, it will only play that small little snippet.

Next it happens, move your mouse pointer into the time scale bar above the sequencing section, right click the mouse, but DO NOT MOVE IT, just right click, then once done, try to play the sequence again and see if that resolves your problem.

I've accidentally clicked in the Time Scale bar and left just a very thin line, it took me a while to figure out why my sequence wasn't playing but a small snippet and stopped, sometimes the click is so small it's not very visible, if at all, that's why I say just right click in the Time Scale area, then once you've made the click move the mouse to the play arrow and try again.

Hopefully this is what is causing your issue, and this will resolve it.  It's very easy to do, and even easier to not know you did it.

Otherwise, like stated, perhaps you got a bad MP3 file, but if it plays in any other music player, then you've either done what JR said above or you've done what I've explained here.

Good Luck.

Check for windows media player.

I believe based on errors I have seen that LOR ascosiates with Windows Media Player.

Since you cant get any music to play unless “online” perhaps this could be a cause.

I am not sure is the software suite includes the Windows Media player

Best of luck

Hopefully something will work, just have to keep making suggestions based on outcome of each step.

Since you say it plays for 1 second- do you hear music for that 1 second?

JR

All versions of Windows should have Windows Media Player installed, is should be in the Accessories Folder from the start menu.  I moved mine to the task bar and my desktop because I use it to convert CD tracks to MP3 files.  So I have it readily and easily accessible.

What are you using to play the files?

You also may need to install some CODEC's in Windows, I use K-Lites Codec Mega Pack.  It installs a Codec Tweak Tool on your desktop, it allows you to disable or enable various codecs to get things to work, especially when it comes to playing sound files, MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, etc., as well as video and graphics issues.

Download the Mega Pack, it has EVERY Codec you'll ever need and will possibly solve your problem.

Download the K-Lite Codec Mega-Pack here {click on Mirror 1 to get the file}, the select Save to save it to your HD when the dialog pop up window opens, it's an exe file, browse to the file where you saved it, then it will self install once clicked on to start the installation,   These codecs fix a lot of issues, not only with Audio, But Video and Graphics as well.

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Version 14.5.2 {Latest version}

This is the latest version of the Mega Codec Pack.  

I highly recommend it to solve many issues on your computer.  It solved a ton of issues with audio, video and graphics on mine.

God Luck!

Edited by Orville