Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Walk through 2018. Very successful night with 486 trick or treaters excluding parents and light show visitors (w/ videos)

GriswoldStyle

So it all went off without a hitch and we got to scare the heck out of a bunch of people with our hidden  e-firecracker fuse box. normally every year we put it on a pole but we wanted to have people not know it was there this year so we put it underneath the animated Ouija board table and hook strobe lights all around so when I triggered it with the switch it would blind people lol. our neighbor sat out here with a clicker and counted each trick-or-treater that got candy for a total of 486.

On the bright side the president of rhoa hung out and cranked his stereo up and said didn't care if anybody in the HOA was pissed or not. He had a blast and was already talking to us about planning a huge neighborhood block party next Halloween. Needless to say he had a great experience and so did everybody else who came out.

had to wait until around 9 or so to get video as we were just too swamped before that. This neighborhood was so popular this year we even had police walking the neighborhood to keep everybody safe. considering there's only a hundred and forty four houses in this development that was a huge Plus. it didn't help that people kept telling us that we were in the newspaper and we didn't even know it. not to mention the fire department even made several trips out here to enjoy the light show.

The first video was my kids first sequence they programmed. They took that on over the summer and I'm very proud of what they did. I added all the RGB elements but we realized their standard AC channels of the sequence timing they did was just a hair off for some reason but not bad for their first attempt at sequencing for the Halloween theme song.

The second video is of zombie bad wolves that I programmed using @dibblejr face sequence. 

Next up is the second part of the walkthrough focusing more on the lighting aspect.

And of course we had 98% of Halloween stuff taken down last night by 11:30 p.m. so we can start on the Christmas display today. Now it's crunch time LOL

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Like 3

Marvelous.

Wish I knew how you guys post those vids up and get them to stay.

Thank you for sharing some of your work with me as well.

JR

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Marvelous.

JR

Not sure honestly. most of them we just normally added disclaimer to stating to support the artist or it is a tribute. This one might get taken down because I forgot to put that in there but we shall see. I always get copyright notices but they always say they may run ads on the video. I think what it boils down to is if you have your page set to monetize they will take down any copyrighted stuff. Our page is not monetized.

that's the only thing I can think of I've never had one video taken down but I did have the Du Hast by Rammstein completely blocked in almost every country so I just deleted it when I got that notice.

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Marvelous.

JR

See this is what I just got... This is all they ever send me. 2uzs1gx.jpg

5 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

See this is what I just got... This is all they ever send me. 2uzs1gx.jpg

That's where it always starts. I received them too. As well as for videos where the rights were granted by the producer, manager and the artist. Then eventually they take the video down. Some videos are non recoverable while other are just placed in some type of restricted area until you take appropriate action. Usually the action is to remove or place the video as private.

I had about 200 videos of my two little boys first Disney trip deleted by YouTube. Lost forever.

JR

• Like 1

Awesome walk-thru, just too much for me as I would need much more time to tear it down to start setting up for Christmas.

The wife keeps wanting me to add more each year to Halloween but it's too much work to get it down and Christmas up in a month.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Awesome walk-thru, just too much for me as I would need much more time to tear it down to start setting up for Christmas.

The wife keeps wanting me to add more each year to Halloween but it's too much work to get it down and Christmas up in a month.

Very true it's a lot to tear down  the hardest part is wrapping up all the wires the next day. Good thing about our display is the stuff on the roof Stays for Christmas and it's only the yard that we have to clean up and the slight little walkthrough in the driveway. The PVC fence stays up until the Christmas display is over all we do is switch out the red lights on the top of it for blue.

The wife always wants more for Christmas not so much Halloween l. I had told her I was tired of doing the walk through but she said you spent all that money on those props so you d*** well better use them lol

The good thing about this hoa development is it is one of the top three spots in the entire County that people from all over the county bring their kids to. we have three law enforcement officers that live in here as well and they Patrol the streets. it's right across the street from the church so parents don't have to worry about any issues with sex offenders living in the area. so a lot of families consider this a very safe neighborhood to trick-or-treat which is why we are always so busy but good luck trying to get a car down this road on Halloween lol