Light-O-Rama Forums

triggered show start with background animation

hgarcia

Hi There! 

I've been doing my light show for nearly a decade now but I can't seem to get something simple working. I've recently added a trigger (simple button) that I'd like to use to start a musical light sequence. I've also created a silent animation that I'd like to have running whenever the musical sequence is not running. 

In the show editor, if I add the silent animation in the animation section and add the musical sequence as a trigger then everything works as expected except that the silent animation doesn't turn off when the musical sequence is triggered and starts. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks for helping!

-H

ANYTHING in the Animation tab ALWAYS runs coherently with whatever is in the Musical Tab. 

The only way to have the Silent Animation run between the musical sequence is it has to be in the Musical tab with the Musical Sequence,. 

However, if you only want the Musical Sequence to run on a trigger and the animation to run when the triggered sequence ends, put the Animation Sequence in the Musical Tab, put NOTHING in the Animation tab at all.  Now when the trigger is pushed, your Musical sequence might or might not end the Animation and your triggered musical sequence should start.  If you have other sequences in the Musical tab, {I'm not positive on this}, but I believe the Musical sequence has to play to the end before the triggered sequence will take effect, or it may end the current running Musical sequence abruptly and the triggered sequence will take precedence.

You'll have to set it up as described and test it out.  I don't use triggers currently in any of my shows, I've read about using them, but can't recall if the trigger always takes precedence over anything currently running.

Hopefully this may help you resolve or figure out how to resolve the issue.