Light-O-Rama Forums

Last used light don't turn off.

TheDucks

I have a very simple show.

at 17:00 the main show (1 sequence) repeats until 21:00

at that time, my 'all night sequence runs until 06:00

Nothing I do seems to shut off the AC channel that twinkles at the end of the show. (also ticked box: lights off at end in show editor)

I even created a sequence with all channels OFF that ran at 06:01. No Joy, so I turned ON an unused channel thinking S4 would not run an All OFF sequence.

Still no joy. The channel does turn on and off during the show, and can be turned off with HU.

Ideas please??

I had a similar problem several years ago and ascertained with the help of LOR tech support I had power lines too close to the ENET/RS485 cables. Separating them got rid of the problem

11 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

I had a similar problem several years ago and ascertained with the help of LOR tech support I had power lines too close to the ENET/RS485 cables. Separating them got rid of the problem

TNX I will check that, but this is the  first (G3) controller on my 'slow' network. The loads go one way, the CAT5 heads off 90 to the next G2 AC controller (and last on that line)

It only fails to turn Off at the end of the show.

I can only tell you what I do.  My operation is very similar to yours except my transition from evening to overnight is at 2200 during the week and 2300 on the weekends.  I'm going to give you more detail because it may give either you or someone else reading this thread some ideas.  The last paragraph may be the most important to you...

At 1600, my evening landscape show starts, however it is set to start on a trigger so it does not actually start doing anything until it gets dark.  There is a light sensor on an input of an InputPup that sends a trigger when it gets dark.  Currently, the show is actually starting at about 1810.  There is a startup sequence that turns on the lights in a sequence that takes 10 seconds.  There is also a Windows command that writes two log file entries and sends me an E-Mail that the show started and which computer it is running on.

At 2200 or 2300 the evening show ends.  There is a shutdown sequence that turns most of the lights off or for the few that stay on overnight, into their overnight state.  That sequence also has a Windows command that write a couple log entries and send me An E-Mail telling me that the overnight show is starting.  The lights are NOT turned off at the end of the transition sequence.

As soon as evening shutdown sequence ends, the overnight show starts.  It contains exactly one four minute sequence that is totally static.  There are also a couple of interactive sequence groups.  One of those interactive groups is triggered by a different light sensor that detects the sun coming up.  When it triggers, there is exactly one channel and that is a connected to a 12 volt wall wart power supply that in turn powers a 12V relay that when energized, disconnects the LOR networks from all the rest of my controllers.  When the controllers lose heartbeat from the show computer, they shut off any lights.  I had to do it that way because LOR does not have any way to shut down a show based on an interactive trigger.  That "sun is up" sequence has a Windows command that writes one log entry and sends the overnight log file to my E-Mail.

At 0700, the overnight show schedule concludes.  The overnight show has a shutdown sequence that in the first timing, turns every channel from 1% to 0%.  This is really a leftover from before I had the interactive based shutdown, but was very effective.  Because each channel gets a "Go from 1% to 0%" command, it does (or did) turn off any channels very effectively.  That sequence DOES have the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" checkbox checked.  It is the ONLY section of either show that has that box checked.  That shutdown sequence also has a Windows command that writes one log entry and sends the overnight log file to my E-Mail.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jim,

I was thinking of adding a simple light sensor a bit later directly to one of the controller boxes (mine are all outdoors)

So breaking the network, is the best way to shut down all lights in the morning. Uhg!

Since LOR can start a show on a trigger, but not shut down a show based on a trigger, it was the only work around I could find.  The alternative (which I did for sever years) was to change the scheduled end time every week or two as the sunrise time changed.

Actually I was suggesting the shutdown sequence with all the channels having a 1% to off command.  That makes sure each channel gets an off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If its only the one chanel, may be a bad triac in the controller board. Go to LOR website and try all the suggestions there for a bad triac including reverse polarity on plug. If no joy ask LOR for a new triac they will send it free, then you solder it in. Or you can send board in and have them check it.

2 hours ago, JWarf said:

If its only the one chanel, may be a bad triac in the controller board. Go to LOR website and try all the suggestions there for a bad triac including reverse polarity on plug. If no joy ask LOR for a new triac they will send it free, then you solder it in. Or you can send board in and have them check it.

Not a bad Triac. It is the show END that leave it on. I can turn it off any place else