Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega tree size

~DOC~

Hello all!!!! 

Ok my stings of lights are 22.6 ft long. I want to create a not so mega tree by taking the string from the ground up over the pole and to the other side. What dimensionally will look correct for bottom width and peak height. 

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Mr. P I wish I had more endless thank you and likes. You’d be getting a dozen........

thank you

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

Hello all!!!! 

Ok my stings of lights are 22.6 ft long. I want to create a not so mega tree by taking the string from the ground up over the pole and to the other side. What dimensionally will look correct for bottom width and peak height. 

I've used the ones Mr. P sent to you. They are good for double checking what you are thinking.

I've found out it's a person taste issue though - just like women... Some like tall and skinny, some like short and fluffy....

6 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

Hello all!!!! 

Lets call it 12' a leg (keeps the connections off the wet ground). Conduit comes in 10' lengths., so lets work with that. the How far off the ground you will tollerate, says how steep (close to the pole) the strands are

You could make something at the top (hooks. pegs) to handle the cross over/loop back (~9'6") .  You might want an 'above the hook level", treetopper

I have a 12" pole, the hooks ring is on a pulley and ends up at ~11'. The strings are Walgreens LEDS 15' long (attached to weed wacker cord), the  stakes are 7.5' from the pole, which leaves the plugs  about a foot off the ground (there are bushes and a hedge, so  reaching the ground is not an issue).

just Lay out a couple flat on  the ground with a fake pole and see what you get

Are mini light strings able to hold their weight or do I need to twist with a cable to run up and over the tree top. Also anchoring by the electrical cord what is the preferred method?

9 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Are mini light strings able to hold their weight or do I need to twist with a cable to run up and over the tree top. Also anchoring by the electrical cord what is the preferred method?

If your at 12 feet I would say yes, but if you use a 24 foot string I would say no, I use 70 light 24 foot strings in 3 colors and zip tie them to a plastic coated wire.

Keith

21 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

I twisted 4 strings, RWB-G, into my superstrands around these steel cables linked below. They are designed for loads. Besides the weight of your strands, your tree will act like a sail in the wind. And in Oklahoma, we’re almost guaranteed an ice storm or two during the season. Triples the weight  

https://m.erico.com/Category.html?category=R1359&country=us&language=en&applications=,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

And for anchoring, made a pvc ring anchored to the ground. The the cables linked above hook around it with the included speed clip. Anchor the ring with these :

https://christmaslightshow.com/products/mega-christmas-tree-ring-anchors-set-of-4