Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion effects not displaying in preview

Bry

Trying to add some changes to my Halloween sequences. Any existing motion effects display fine in the preview but if I delete those and add another effect, I get a grey fill in the timeline and the effects don’t seem to apply. Simple color on changes work fine. Did I accidentally turn something off?

If you click on the effect in the sequence grid, does it display in the playback window?

By default, motion effects are displayed in the sequence grid alternating gray and white (first effect in a row is white, next is gray, etc).

Matt

What kind of prop is this? What shape? You say "simple color changes work fine" - do you mean ColorWash effects? What effects do not work?

Matt

Colorwash effects worked fine but effects like spiral were not. I tried replicating the issue over the past two days and now it seems to be working. The only thing I’ve done since was play a show and turn off control lights in the sequencer. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it was a random fluke. 

I did notice another odd issue during a show tonight. During one sequence, all my led strips were not displaying the first and last pixel but during another sequence those pixels seemed fine. It appears to happen more often on one particular sequence in the show.