Light-O-Rama Forums

Don't wait until the last minute

LOR Staff

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

and another just today (again, no need to out yourself if you are a member here):

"Please correct this issue ASAP as I need my items that I ordered for a project that I am building. There are now 20 days until Thanksgiving when I turn my lights on and those 2 pieces are crucial. "

Customer placed an order and we screwed up the shipping labels.  We probably sent his items to someone else, and he got the other persons stuff.  Totally our fault, and we will go well beyond our normal procedures to get this fixed.  But the fact remains that something unexpected occurred that will wipe at least several days off this persons schedule.

Great that y’all step up and admit your errors.

Today walked down the street to pick up my Slow Down Turtle sign with Army PT reflective belt mod.

It was gone. Put it on our community FB page and everyone seen it yesterday morning as late as 9 am.

Looked at security camera. Rubbish guy from city picked it up with the jaws.

Called our public works to see if they can retrieve. Not yet upset that they took it in the first place.

Get a call back and the driver stated “ it was all broken to pieces”. Now I’m upset because you can clearly see him drag it from its position and then pick it up.

Called the city manager office to talk to them about the integrity of their driver. And to tell them I have it all on video.

its not about the cost, it’s the integrity. Had I got, sorry its been destroyed and the driver apologized I wouldn’t be I upset.

Now

i have to run around, my solution to the city is to put a

permanet “children at play” sign up. I’ve been putting that sign in that place for 6 years. The city recently took over the trash collection, but it’s common sense. 

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Great that y’all step up and admit your errors.

Today walked down the street to pick up my Slow Down Turtle sign with Army PT reflective belt mod.

It was gone. Put it on our community FB page and everyone seen it yesterday morning as late as 9 am.

Looked at security camera. Rubbish guy from city picked it up with the jaws.

Called our public works to see if they can retrieve. Not yet upset that they took it in the first place.

Get a call back and the driver stated “ it was all broken to pieces”. Now I’m upset because you can clearly see him drag it from its position and then pick it up.

Called the city manager office to talk to them about the integrity of their driver. And to tell them I have it all on video.

its not about the cost, it’s the integrity. Had I got, sorry its been destroyed and the driver apologized I wouldn’t be I upset.

Now

i have to run around, my solution to the city is to put a

permanet “children at play” sign up. I’ve been putting that sign in that place for 6 years. The city recently took over the trash collection, but it’s common sense. 

JR

I really hate to say this but most trash pick up trucks that use those jaws to pick up trash cans SHOULD NOT be picking up signs with them, they just smash it to pieces.  And most drivers after they do it and get caught will lie about it, saying it was broken when I snagged it.

Good thing you have video, I'd send it to the rubbish collection agency at fault and state, here's proof YOUR DRIVER did this then lied about it.  Now are you going to do something like reprimand or terminate the driver, and who is going to pony up for the cost of replacing it, since the video shows plainly IT WAS NOT DAMAGED when it was "salvaged". n Especially since you stated the signs been there for SIX YEARS and NEVER been touched until now.   You've got a good case against the company and the driver.  

BTW: Also threaten to post the video publicly on places like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and FaceBook, these companies don't like that kind of public attention that gets widespread all over creation!   And then after time, they don't do what's right, POST THE VIDEO, anywhere and everywhere you can.   Sometimes it takes some Public Humiliation to a company to get them to see the light. {no pun intended!}

I've done it, and I'll do every time if some driver gets caught on video doing something like that, then lying about what THEY did.

Good Luck on whatever you choose to do.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I really hate to say this but most trash pick up trucks that use those jaws to pick up trash cans SHOULD NOT be picking up signs with them, they just smash it to pieces.  And most drivers after they do it and get caught will lie about it, saying it was broken when I snagged it.

Good thing you have video, I'd send it to the rubbish collection agency at fault and state, here's proof YOUR DRIVER did this then lied about it.  Now are you going to do something like reprimand or terminate the driver, and who is going to pony up for the cost of replacing it, since the video shows plainly IT WAS NOT DAMAGED when it was "salvaged". n Especially since you stated the signs been there for SIX YEARS and NEVER been touched until now.   You've got a good case against the company and the driver.  

BTW: Also threaten to post the video publicly on places like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and FaceBook, these companies don't like that kind of public attention that gets widespread all over creation!   And then after time, they don't do what's right, POST THE VIDEO, anywhere and everywhere you can.   Sometimes it takes some Public Humiliation to a company to get them to see the light. {no pun intended!}

I've done it, and I'll do every time if some driver gets caught on video doing something like that, then lying about what THEY did.

Good Luck on whatever you choose to do.

It’s the city! They took over the trash collection about 6 months ago.

Its already on our community FB and everyone commenting on how they saw it there.

I could care less about recouping the sign or funds. However I am going to take the video with me to the council meeting on open forum time send it to the wall via my video recorder with built in projection.

My solution I will propose is to replace it with a permanent sign that most neighborhoods have.

Its only there from Halloween until New Years since thats when people come to see the show

No excuse, it’s common sense. The lying part is the deal breaker. We just paid 1 billion for a High Scool / college prep acadamy. Looks better than most universities. I am sure they can afford a street sign.

JR

57 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

It’s the city! They took over the trash collection about 6 months ago.

Its already on our community FB and everyone commenting on how they saw it there.

I could care less about recouping the sign or funds. However I am going to take the video with me to the council meeting on open forum time send it to the wall via my video recorder with built in projection.

My solution I will propose is to replace it with a permanent sign that most neighborhoods have.

Its only there from Halloween until New Years since thats when people come to see the show

No excuse, it’s common sense. The lying part is the deal breaker. We just paid 1 billion for a High Scool / college prep acadamy. Looks better than most universities. I am sure they can afford a street sign.

JR

I know, but most city signs are paid for by the neighborhood that wants them.  Hopefullythem destroying your sign, the neighborhood won't get hit with the bill for a permanent "official" street sign.

7 hours ago, DevMike said:

..... (again, no need to out yourself if you are a member here):....

Oh yes there is a need. Come clean. We want names!!!

2 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Oh yes there is a need. Come clean. We want names!!!

Okay here's some for you, Goober, Gomer, Opie and Aunt B.

You opened yourself up to that one Mega Arch.:P:D

I've always been a procrastinator. If I can't fix it and get up and running in time, it just doesn't run. The only person who is disappointed is me. I'm only doing this for me and my own entertainment. I ran into issues figuring out how to get the show created and written to an sd card without giving me errors. While I did ask here and on Facebook, I also continued to troubleshoot myself and eventually was able to get the show created and successfully written to an SD card. I DON'T expect everyone else to drop what they're doing and help me figure out a problem. I have found that asking other people will sometimes send you in a direction of inquiry that might help solve your problem. A person's time crunch isn't anyone's fault but their own though.

• The topic was locked