Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to create a show...

Boater227

Thanks to all who have helped answer my previous questions.

I have created several animations and musical sequences using the Pixel Editor (I have only CCRs).  They work fine with my Pixie 16 when I turn on "Control Lights" and run them individually.

When I put them together using the Show Editor, I have problems.

I created a show using one animation sequence under Animation Tab, three songs under Musical Tab and one Animation under Shutdown Tab.

When I use "Show on Demand" in Control Panel, it skips the first animation, goes right to the music, and the lights only flash occasionally.

I have each of my sequence files and .lid files stored in separate folders.  Do I need to store everything in Documents>Light-O-Rama>Sequences to get it to work properly?

Many thanks.

Here's the problem.  The animation sequence and the musical sequences are trying to run at the same time.  Since they are on the same channels, the result is conflicting channel commands.  If you bring up the status window (left click on the LOR light bulb in the system tray), you would see that both the animation and first musical sequence are running.  Solution is to move the animation sequence into the Musical tab in the Show Editor.

So the Show Editor plays the contents of the tabs concurrently rather than sequentially?  It does not do Background, then Startup, then Animation, then Musical, etc?

12 minutes ago, Boater227 said:

So the Show Editor plays the contents of the tabs concurrently rather than sequentially?  It does not do Background, then Startup, then Animation, then Musical, etc?

No.  Go read the help section on the Show Editor, but in general, Startup plays first, then Background, Animation, and Musical all play all the time.  Interactive is a little more complicated, so read the help (I use them all year in my landscape lighting show).  Shutdown happens at the end of the show.

Looks like I have a multi-level error problem...

I updated the sequences in Show Editor, per your recommendation, but now I realize that I am having a problem with some of the .mp3 files not being accessed when I run show on demand.  It works fine in Pixel Editor.  See attached.

Many thanks.

Show.PNG

If your run the LOR cotnrol panels 'verifier", it will flag issue in a show such as a channel(s) being used at the same time in 2 different sequences.

Someone correct me but guessing that trying to access a las file under Show Editor's musical animation tab will not be found?

Unless there's a way to convert a las to a lms with basically an empty sound tract, your might have touse "begining" and "ending" show editor tabs to put several las sequences into so that your las and lms file in one at a time order.  

8 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Someone correct me but guessing that trying to access a las file under Show Editor's musical animation tab will not be found? 

Incorrect.  You CAN put an animation sequence into the Musical tab and it will play just fine sequentially along with the other musical sequences.  You CAN'T put a musical sequence into the Animation tab however.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Incorrect.  You CAN put an animation sequence into the Musical tab and it will play just fine sequentially along with the other musical sequences.  You CAN'T put a musical sequence into the Animation tab however.

Incorrect information deleted by OP.  Learned something new I didn't know that's been around for years, and I've always just missed it.  ***DOH!!!***

Edited by Orville

WRONG!  Here is the What sequenced to open picker from the Plus symbol in the Musical tab of the Show Editor.  By default, the dropdown near the bottom right will be set to Musical sequences, but you can change that to either Animation or All Sequences as shown here.  Note that there are both .lms and .las files listed.

Song_picker_with_lms_and_las.png

Here, I have selected all four sequences and you will see that they are all there.

Show_with_lms_and_las.png

Unfortunately in my opinion, the sequence list in the Show Editor strips off the extension, but show kill.play is really a .las file as seen in the previous screen capture.

Yes, this was done in S5.1.4, but it's been that way for many years.

And if you don't think it really will play correctly, check this out:

Show_playing.png

Yes, I did change the order and put Mr. Grinch first so that the order became:  1) Mr. Grinch, 2) JR's Feliz Navidad (which can''t play because the music file is missing), 3) Show kill.play.las, and 4) JR's Soldier's... (which also would not have played because the audio file is not on this computer).

You can see that Mr. Grinch played correctly, then Feliz Navidad failed because the media file could not be found, and then the .las file played (from the Musical tab).

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

WRONG!  Here is the What sequenced to open picker from the Plus symbol in the Musical tab of the Show Editor.  By default, the dropdown near the bottom right will be set to Musical sequences, but you can change that to either Animation or All Sequences as shown here.  Note that there are both .lms and .las files listed.

Song_picker_with_lms_and_las.png

Here, I have selected all four sequences and you will see that they are all there.

Show_with_lms_and_las.png

Unfortunately in my opinion, the sequence list in the Show Editor strips off the extension, but show kill.play is really a .las file as seen in the previous screen capture.

Yes, this was done in S5.1.4, but it's been that way for many years.

Geez, how could I be that dumb?:wacko:  LOL  Don't answer that....

See message further down.

Edited by Orville
I'm getting dumber as I get older..... hoo boy...

1 minute ago, Orville said:

It DOES NOT work that way in mine.  I tried and it WILL NOT open or show .las files under the Musical tab.   Tried it numerous times, opened the folder where all my .las files are and it shows nothing but a BLANK screen, no files to choose from at all.

Yes, it does.  Change the dropdown near the lower right corner from "Musical Sequences" to "All Sequences" or "Animation Sequences" and the .las files will display just fine and allow selection.  The screen looked slightly different in S4, but it worked the same.

Default when you open the sequence picker on the Musical tab is to search only for Musical sequences, but change the dropdown shown with the orange arrow and the other file types will be shown.

Song_picker_in_Musical.png

Changed the dropdown to "Animation Sequences" (The blue arrow) and:

Song_picker_in_Animation.png

And you already saw what it did when the dropdown was set to "All Sequences" in the earlier post.

Edited by k6ccc

It worked.  I just goofed.  **DOH!**

Ugh!   I finally figured it out, I didn't know you could do that after hitting the + {ADD} key.  Dang do I feel really dumb about now.  I was thinking it was the bottom drop down box BEFORE you clicked the + key!  I had never really noticed the other one when adding sequences before.

I stand corrected, yes, it can be done.   Easier than I thought.   Learned something I didn't know.   Can't believe I've missed that all these years.

Edited by Orville
Because I goofed up big time! DOH!!!

The big Plus symbol to add sequences to the Musical tab - NOT the Cleanup sequence.  Then on the sequence picker box, select the file type

The_Plus_Symbol.PNG

10 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The big Plus symbol to add sequences to the Musical tab - NOT the Cleanup sequence.  Then on the sequence picker box, select the file type

The_Plus_Symbol.PNG

See previous message above this one.   I finally figured it out, even though it's been there the entire time, I missed it totally! 

Jim,

I see all your sequence files are in the >Sequence folder.  Mine are in individual subfolders, which might account for some of my problems with Show Editor.  Do all sequence files and intensity data files need to be in the >Sequence folder?

Bob

WA3LLK

13 minutes ago, Boater227 said:

Jim,

I see all your sequence files are in the >Sequence folder.  Mine are in individual subfolders, which might account for some of my problems with Show Editor.  Do all sequence files and intensity data files need to be in the >Sequence folder?

Not with the Show Editor.  I did these screen captures on a computer at work that only has a few sequences.  At home, there is a move involved directory structure:

L_drive.png

Edited by k6ccc