Light-O-Rama Forums

Panic set in need Expert help with Pixie16

NTJP

Posted this is several forms asking for help

Background - This is my 2nd year, have Showtime Central with 2 CTB16PC.  1st to use pixels.   - In the spring I did a lot of research and asked questions about building a Mega Tree, the controller and setup.  After all of that, bought the Pixie16 with 16 50 node strings in the Spring sale.  Bought 4 more strings to make 20.  Spent the summer building the tree. Got sick a couple of times in the hospital and fell behind on build.  Anyway got it done and from all the reading in the spring, had chosen to use XLights to program, Spent 6 months programming sequences.  Also on reading and advise used the Raspberry Pi with FPP.  Well.... after weeks of trying to make this work I am now learning Pixie16 will not work with FPP as it is not DMX and also now reading you cannot fold them, so cannot have 2 together making 100 acting as 2 50 node strings.  Therefore 10 dangles control 20 strings.  Well to the point....  PANIC also a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach.  My best guess is to convert the the XLights back into LOR and use PE.  Last year was my first year and i am all LOR controllers.  Have S4 and can also get S5, Pro user.  Do not have SS.   Would be great if someone could tell me how to make Pixie16 work with FPP.  But what I need now is how to use PE to take the converted XLight files and add to the SEsequences I built last year.  Hope this makes sense.  My controllers.  2 - CTB16PC's, 1 - CMB-24D, and 1 - Pixie16.   Can leave out the CMB24 if make it easier.  Most important is to make the Pixie16 work.   PLEASE HELP.....

1 hour ago, NTJP said:

Please don't do that.

It's the busy time of year. Someone will be along to answer as soon as possible, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, NTJP said:

Background - This is my 2nd year, have Showtime Central with 2 CTB16PC.  1st to use pixels.   - In the spring I did a lot of research and asked questions about building a Mega Tree, the controller and setup.  After all of that, bought the Pixie16 with 16 50 node strings in the Spring sale.  Bought 4 more strings to make 20.  Spent the summer building the tree. Got sick a couple of times in the hospital and fell behind on build.  Anyway got it done and from all the reading in the spring, had chosen to use XLights to program, Spent 6 months programming sequences.  Also on reading and advise used the Raspberry Pi with FPP.  Well.... after weeks of trying to make this work I am now learning Pixie16 will not work with FPP as it is not DMX and also now reading you cannot fold them, so cannot have 2 together making 100 acting as 2 50 node strings.  Therefore 10 dangles control 20 strings.  Well to the point....  PANIC also a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach.  My best guess is to convert the the XLights back into LOR and use PE.  Last year was my first year and i am all LOR controllers.  Have S4 and can also get S5, Pro user.  Do not have SS.   Would be great if someone could tell me how to make Pixie16 work with FPP.  But what I need now is how to use PE to take the converted XLight files and add to the SEsequences I built last year.  Hope this makes sense.  My controllers.  2 - CTB16PC's, 1 - CMB-24D, and 1 - Pixie16.   Can leave out the CMB24 if make it easier.  Most important is to make the Pixie16 work.   PLEASE HELP.....

PM me a cell # and I will get you up and running

Provide me with a good time to call. If you wait to long this invitation will self destruct since I am working on my and others Christmas stuff.

Sorry cant help with Xlights or S5 but I can get your pixie (topic) set up.

Please don't install S5 this late in the game. Also do not use PE to "attempt" to add your pixie. I can get you setup and running (LOR) in 30 mins depending on your questions.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 hours ago, NTJP said:

How do you PM?

Hover your mouse pointer over the person's user ID and a popup will appear.  One of the options is Message.  Alternatively, click on the Users ID and that will bring up a whole page.  One of the options is to Message.

Thank you for the help on PM  Have set up phone call.  Already feeling better about getting something going on the Mega Tree,