Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Config for Pixie16D

HappyMommy

Gosh I'm sure this is covered somewhere but, after an hour of searching, I'm giving up and posting the question (so I'm sorry if indeed it is out there somewhere)...

We just added a Pixie16D (first CCBs in our show) to our setup. To top things off, our last show was in 2016 so I am also rough around the edges on remembering how to use the S4 software (and I'm running out of time - waiting til the last minute to get some new sequences built and old sequences edited). My issue is I can't seem to figure out how to add this new controller to the channel config. This seems to basic and I've got to be missing something but, when I go in to add a new controller I don't see any option that makes sense to me as being the appropriate selection for the controller. Note, I'm not talking about the actual hardware setup where my PC finds the COM port and the controllers etc. but rather, just the ability to add the controller to my sequence editor and begin sequencing. Thanks in advance for helping a complete noob.

If you are using S4 Pro

Right click just above where you want in the channel list: Insert Device Below: Fill out the form CORRECTLY for all sections (it is a real PITA to fix later ☹️)

41 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

We need you to update your profile with the LOR software version and license level as they play a part in your question.

Ok... I'm not sure I see a specific place to put that information in my profile so any help would be great.

The answer to the question is I am using the Pro Edition of S4 (4.3.36 I believe is the version).

Just now, HappyMommy said:

Ok... I'm not sure I see a specific place to put that information in my profile so any help would be great.

The answer to the question is I am using the Pro Edition of S4 (4.3.36 I believe is the version).

Right click your user name in the upper Right corner:Profile: (it is on the lower left. scroll needed)

Just now, TheDucks said:

If you are using S4 Pro

Right click just above where you want in the channel list: Insert Device Below: Fill out the form CORRECTLY for all sections (it is a real PITA to fix later ☹️)

Sorry, I should probably specify, I know how to add a controller but I'm not sure what to select in the software to specify it's the Pixie16D. I assume under Device Type I select "Light-o-Rama Controller" but it sure doesn't seem like the rest of the fields available after that truly reflect the pixels the way I'd expect. 

To help, I'm attaching a screenshot of the window I'm referring to.

Untitled.png

It is much easier if you add the controller in SE.

Open an existing sequence and go to the very bottom channel.

Right click on the very bottom channel and select "Insert Device" then "Insert Device Below"

In the window that opens click on the Device drop down and select Pixie 2/4/8/16

You have more controller selections there then you do in the channel configurator.

47 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It is much easier if you add the controller in SE.

Open an existing sequence and go to the very bottom channel.

Right click on the very bottom channel and select "Insert Device" then "Insert Device Below"

In the window that opens click on the Device drop down and select Pixie 2/4/8/16

You have more controller selections there then you do in the channel configurator.

Ditto

Then you can add Multiple RGB channels  (Be sure to use the RGB menu item :o, converting regular is not fun )

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Ditto

Then you can add Multiple RGB channels  (Be sure to use the RGB menu item :o, converting regular is not fun )

With pixies you do not use the “RGB” menu.

Right click on a channel for any other controllet

select insert device-

unive or below - wherever you want

You can name it

select “add as group”

sug deselect includes channel #s (just clutter)

you select pixie2/4/8/16

RGB RGB RGB

Pixie16

start Unit ID

network

all human thinking is done for you after you select

OK

You still have to go to NP and build the network

500k speed and enhances should be on the same menu

click OK

then the small box will close

then in right side click “apply”

disregard the 500k warning messages

niw

you are set

yiu should have lights on

if not me a number and time to call

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

Thank you @dibblejr! That is exactly what I needed. I was in the Sequence Editor but just thinking about it in the wrong way. That gave me exactly what I needed.

1 minute ago, HappyMommy said:

Thank you @dibblejr! That is exactly what I needed. I was in the Sequence Editor but just thinking about it in the wrong way. That gave me exactly what I needed.

You are very welcome.

You should make and save your channel config now.

You can save it in a folder on your computer or in the Documents/LOR/Networks folder

With an open sequence with all of your controllers the way you have it

Edit

Impoty/ Export Channel Config

Name it like 2018 Master Channel Config

Point it to whatever folder you save it

Save

Now to set it as default 

open a new sequence and any song (will be scrapped)

After the se configured the audio the next big box

about mid page

** select use saved config and find your config using the ...

once found and selected

on bottom left

”other timing value” 0.05

on left side

save as defaults

Save the sequence

nkw whenever you create a new sequence your controllers will be there 

you no longer have to set that first screen just hit OK every time

JR

• The topic was locked