Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2, pixie 16, Chroma star with 270 pixels, pixel tree

Goldie1970

Pixel Newby questions!

I picked up the boscoyo chroma star 36,  270 pixel prop and have a question on what pixie I need to use. My plan is to build a 16 strip tree and top with the star. As of now, i have the pixie 16 and a pixie 2

Can I run 150 and 120 on each of the pixie two channels?  Or is 100 the limit on each string? I’ve seen in the hardware utility where the string length can be changed and I think 170 was an option 

also, I have the advanced license and I’m on s5. Is this prop already built in the system?  So much to learn and so little time, open to suggestions!

I can’t answer about the strings on the Pixie as I don’t have any of those, but for the star prop, if it’s not built in (and I don’t think it was), I have the same star and can send you the prop file.  You would only have to change the channel assignments.

• Thanks 1

The Pixie2 doesn't have fuses for the strings like the other pixie's do. The pixie2 is limited by its power supply and I believe there is a fuse in the ac plug to protect the power supply. The output of the power supply is 12v, 5amps so you may be limited to the two 100 pixel strings. Contact LOR and verify.

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I can’t answer about the strings on the Pixie as I don’t have any of those, but for the star prop, if it’s not built in (and I don’t think it was), I have the same star and can send you the prop file.  You would only have to change the channel assignments.

Jim

May I be privileged enough to get a copy of the star prop? 

I got my BS star 3 years ago before getting into all of this pixel stuff. Haven’t used it. This year would be a nice touch on the ccrtree.

Im hoping it is a prop that I can use in S4

TIA

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Jim

May I be privileged enough to get a copy of the star prop? 

I got my BS star 3 years ago before getting into all of this pixel stuff. Haven’t used it. This year would be a nice touch on the ccrtree.

Im hoping it is a prop that I can use in S4

Sent the S4 visualizer prop files from last year... 

10 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Hey that’s a mighty nice offer, I’d like that!  I’m at Matt.golden@sbcglobal.net

thanks!

32 minutes ago, Goldie1970 said:

Hey that’s a mighty nice offer, I’d like that!  I’m at Matt.golden@sbcglobal.net

thanks!

Sent

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:48 AM, Goldie1970 said:

Pixel Newby questions!

I picked up the boscoyo chroma star 36,  270 pixel prop and have a question on what pixie I need to use. My plan is to build a 16 strip tree and top with the star. As of now, i have the pixie 16 and a pixie 2

Can I run 150 and 120 on each of the pixie two channels?  Or is 100 the limit on each string? I’ve seen in the hardware utility where the string length can be changed and I think 170 was an option 

also, I have the advanced license and I’m on s5. Is this prop already built in the system?  So much to learn and so little time, open to suggestions!

The second gen Pixie manual says 170 per output.  But do consider the 12V PSU ampacity. . The Pixie bus is also limited at 10A (12V) I think you will be hitting the stops with 270 nodes. (I guess 3A/50 white)