Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence / Communication issue

BEC56

I did something really stupid this season. I decided I wanted to add a Pixel tree.  I have 2 mega trees, no problem, 2 spiral trees, no problem. But this Pixel tree is kicking my butt. Here's where I'm at. With Sequences loaded you can watch them in the Superstar visualizer. They operate in the sequence editor. But when you attempt to have them operate the controller they will not.

Here's the specifics: License 4.3.34 PRO, Firmware 1.03, Controller LOR Pixie16D, Red usb 485 HS adapter, Pixel tree 16 strands 50 pixel each.

The controller recognizes the program by observing the red led circuit light. Hardware utility Controller # assigned by using dip switches. Checked all strands, they have 12V (dc) at what I call the terminal ends. In the hardware utility you can activate each strand individually or as a group and they will operate fine. This includes color change, shimmer etc.

I have placed the pixel (superstar) sequences in a show schedule separate from the other shows, set a start time and the sequence will activate on the computer but not the controller.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what you did to over come it.

The new Pixel tree is one step from being placed in a rubbermaid container. The one you place at the curb.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce, JR is very good with the Pixie controllers so he should be able to help.  If it’s a S5 setup issue then he may or may not be able to help as JR is not using S5.  If that’s the case, have JR give you my number and I should be able to help.

JR, is one of the best. After taking time to assist me, problem was solved. Had to go get the Rubbermaid container from the curb and place it back in the shed.

Thanks to all that sent me in the right direction and helped.

Bruce

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BEC56 said:

JR, is one of the best. After taking time to assist me, problem was solved. Had to go get the Rubbermaid container from the curb and place it back in the shed.

Bruce

lots are great here - but yep, JR & Jim are 2 of the greats...

42 minutes ago, BEC56 said:

Bruce

Took me a min to get the "Rubbermaid" thing. LOL

Always a pleasure to get someone up and running. Even while driving.

You are welcome, anytime.

JR