Light-O-Rama Forums

License Seats is there a max?

ItsMeBobO

License retrieval email says I am using 6 seats.     I presume the 'Seats: 6'  means using and not the max because last time it said 5.    Is there a max? 

In the next week or two I plan to replace my second show computer (my show uses two at once)  and also I want to control a few pixel strings at work and will do another install. 

I have changed computers a few times since my first version which came on a disk.   1.6 I think.        Somewhere there are three computers which are long forgotten which should not be using seats.

LicenseEmail.jpg

http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/

If you are showing 6 seats, that means that that at some time, LOR has already increased your seat count by one.  The way that the licensing works is each new computer counts for one.  If that computer is retired , it still takes a seat (forever).  If you exceed 5, it will give you an error.  Contact LOR and explain your computer count and they will up your computer count.  Last I looked, I think mine was up to 13.  Never had more than 5 active, but lots of changes over the years.  Five active at this time....

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

If you are showing 6 seats, that means that that at some time, LOR has already increased your seat count by one.  The way that the licensing works is each new computer counts for one.  If that computer is retired , it still takes a seat (forever).  If you exceed 5, it will give you an error.  Contact LOR and explain your computer count and they will up your computer count.  Last I looked, I think mine was up to 13.  Never had more than 5 active, but lots of changes over the years.  Five active at this time....

Ahhh  its the forever part I didn't get.    Thanks.    The PC Ids considered active could be shared I would think.    Over the summer I created a few virtual machines to try S5 but gave up on that. 

6 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Ahhh  its the forever part I didn't get.    Thanks.    The PC Ids considered active could be shared I would think.    Over the summer I created a few virtual machines to try S5 but gave up on that. 

I have never had any issues with LOR increasing the seat limit for me.  I always just let them know what changes are being made (likely in more detail than needed).  Poof, the newest computer is able to be registered.

• The topic was locked