Light-O-Rama Forums

Facebook - No more Copyrighted Music Videos?

mpageler

Tried uploading a Halloween display video today and looks like Facebook now mutes copyright music in videos.  Doesn't appear to be any work arounds  to have full sound videos on FB.    For 2017 Christmas videos, at least FB asked you to confirm  you had a licence (purchased) for the music.   While I considered it last season, really can't justify a web server for a "light display page".   Any thoughts or alternatives.   While I really don't like FB, it did seem to drive a little traffic to my display in 2017.

Just check email and did have notification from RB on the muteing.  Did give option to unmuted if you own/have permission .  I did this but video still muted. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some time ago, I learned there was a trick to bypass that problem.  If the music starts almost immediately in the video, it is more likely to be banned.   I haven't posted any videos to FB any more, yet noticed that if the music was delayed about 10 seconds into the video, then it was ok.    Maybe that still works, maybe not.