Light-O-Rama Forums

We removed your video because a third party claims that your video infringes its copyright.

ItsMeBobO

Of course I know I used music in the video.      This is the second one in the last 4-6 months.     They say if I get a third strike they will close my Vimeo account.       

That would be bad.     They suggest any video which I am not sure it contains (infringing) music should be deleted.  

I just don't get it. YouTube is the worst. I was racing cars and my wife was recoding. In the distant background was the sound of a radio station being aired over the PA speaker. The lengths that their bots went through to find that is unbelievable. No one was even paying attention to the music and it could barely e heard. I got warnings on that and I used to repair Xboxes, playstations and other games. Replacing the pcbs or resoldering. I would record the turn in condition, what I found and my test afterward. Well of course the games all have music. Warning after warning.

And the straw that made me place all of mine to private.

Mega Arch got permission for all of us to sequence Thin Blue Line by Eddie Bush. I made a matrix and singing faces for it. It was like by the singer and the manager that gave us the approval. It was liked on FB as well.

When I put the video on youtube I also reference the permissions granted and credited the singer. A year later it was flagged and youtube placed adware on my account instead of whatever else they was gonna do. At first I was ok with it but as I thought about it I said to myself, why, I had permission so I completely removed it from youtube.

IMO once you are tagged they keep an eye on you. I was never tagged until that car race in 2004 and then it wasn't even flagged until a few years ago. After that couldn't even put a trip to Disney up for viewing.

I don't know how all of these people get away with it, we cant have the faintest of music or a light show without being tagged.

Well so much for going over to Vimeo, that used to be the safe place to host videos of the shows.

Best of luck Bob.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yep. Had some muted and some muted in other countries, and a few blocked worldwide. Sony is the worst. They cry over every song they’re involved in. 

As what JR said, really stinks when you have emailed authorization from the artist and they still find a reason to jack it up. 

Maybe LOR can give all members in good standing 5GB of space to upload video.  Then we can dump noogle youtube, vimeo and facebutt.  I'm guessing LOR already pays the fee for the music rights.

What is so weird is I have 60 to 70 videos on both Youtube and Vimeo and have never had one pulled. I just dont understand the randomness of it.

Vimeo got me yesterday for videos that have been on there for 2 years. I received a strike also and a warning that they would shutdown my account after 3 strikes. I did not like their site very much to begin with so I sent them a message back telling them I was done and I removed my videos. You Tube can be a pain sometimes but their format is much better than Vimeo I believe. 

Tom

23 minutes ago, dougd said:

What is so weird is I have 60 to 70 videos on both Youtube and Vimeo and have never had one pulled. I just dont understand the randomness of it.

Your songs must suck. 

Just kidding. It does appear to effect some people more than others. Some had said it had to do with number of hits. I’ve had them blocked as low as 101 hits. So I agree, seems random. 

• Haha 1

What happens to Viemo or Youtube if they incorrectly  take down your content that you had a license to use the music for?   (A 'no bet' Guess: NOTHING )

I watch some trucking tubes, they get slammed because there in Muzak playing at the pumps which can be barely heard over the growl of big rigs.

a 50,000 pound mouse is in the house

2 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Your songs must suck.  

Just kidding. It does appear to effect some people more than others. Some had said it had to do with number of hits. I’ve had them blocked as low as 101 hits. So I agree, seems random.  

That is funny, I like people with a sense of humor. I found with mine it was the songs and who owns them. Even tho you purchase them from Itunes, Amazon or where ever, you still have to follow their rules. The ones I had problems with were owned by Sony. In particular was " Mary did you know sung by Pentatonix". 2 years ago I tried to post this light show on You Tube using this song and they removed it within minutes due to copyright infringement. I posted it on Vimeo and had no problem until now. The letter I received was from Sony UK through Vimeo. They said I could protest it but it is not worth my time.

Tom

And since this craziness goes on, here's something I just don't get in all of this now, all these buttheads that are crying "infringement" or "otherwise" are now advertising on TV about "downloading it" {this is MUSIC and VIDEO, i.e. movies, TV shows, etc.} and then STATING in these advertisements: "SHARE IT WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, TAKE IT WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO!"  On your laptop, smart-phone or tablet.  Huh?  WTH?   

They bellyache about a simple Christmas Light Display using their music, but then they tout the previous commentary on national TV and even Radio in Advertisements for THEIR DIGITAL MEDIA..

Please someone explain that to me, because to me, you can't have it BOTH ways, tell one their "infringing", then go and advertise to "Download" and "SHARE" music and video.  

Please tell me I am not the only one confused by their statements wanting it BOTH ways here?

How can I be infringing or anything else, when you{the company} just told me to "SHARE IT WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS, TAKE IT WITH YOU EVERYWHERE YOU GO!"  Huh??? What???

Somebody sure doesn't know what they're doing!!!   Now, how perplexing is this?

If you haven't seen these AD's yet, just start watching a little more TV, you'll see {or hear} one or more of them sooner or later.   My wife always has the TV on and I can hear it from where I work on my stuff, I had to go in and SEE and HEAR these commercials myself, unbelievable!

Edited by Orville

No Confusion.

It's the MUSIC INDUSTRY.

They get EVERYTHING their own way.

It might also be connected with the copyright bill recently passed.?

The Mouse does not like sharing. I Suspect there are 'terms', like 'same household, same account or 'share fees apply'.  Could be Pay per view. How many folk peruse the details of their monthly bill?

• The topic was locked