Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR is AMAZING!! But now I have a CCP issue.

Jay Czerwinski

Hurricane Michael took out 3 of my 4 CCP controllers with water damage.   (long story)   But bottom line is that the 6 year-old controllers (out of warranty) were replaced and the show was back up and running within a day thanks to the GREAT service of LOR and their Emergency Service program!!   Thank you Dan and the whole team!!!   The old version CCPs are now replaced with new V-2 versions.

The only thing is that I am now noticing a jittery hesitation in my previously smooth animations when making movement across the 400 pixels.     I suspect there is a setting somewhere or an upgrade to a driver or something that will easily fix this.   In the off chance that this is a "no-brainer" and a familiar issue with someone, I thought I would post here while I head out to the garage computer to work on trial-and-error fixes.   I'll check back in shortly.  Thank you in advance for suggestions!

4 CCPs   -  Old one >> new one >> new one >> old one.     Only these 4 controllers on a separate COM port (USB) from my computer using a RED USB485-HS adapter.

One thought - of the 3 water damaged units, I managed to get one dried out and working again, so I was going to send one of the good ones back to LOR to keep costs down.  I wanted to return it unopened, but I might try just taking the one previously water damaged unit out and test the new one in it's place if that might be a problem.   Or maybe I just take the first one out of the loop and run the 3 without it.    I'll work on taking it out of the string to see if that fixes it at all...   but eager to hear others' thoughts.

Thanks again!

Midnight update - Took the fist controller (old one that was dried out to work) and the remaining 3 in the series still have the delay issue.     RED USB485-HS adapter >> Pixel v-2 Controller >> Pixel v-2 Controller >> 6 year old pixel V1 controller.

Well, not a lot of replies here - perhaps because people see it is not a stand alone single post!    That'll learn me for typing to myself!!

IF anyone happens to read this - I found the problem.   Even though I never changed any settings, for some reason the lightorama network configuration reverted back to a lower speed than what I had originally on that COM port.   Upping the speed just to 115.4K resolved the issue!   

Well done Jay!   Thank you for your help!   Anytime.  My pleasure.   

OK, I'll stop typing to myself now.      Could all of this lighting stuff be making me crazy??!?!?!

• Haha 1

I was just assisting another member here on the forums with his new CCP Pixie2 controllers. I did note to him there is a firmware update if you have S4 4.3.36 or S5.

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

However since they are under warranty out of fairness to he and I , I suggested he open a HD ticket to have LOR tell him he needs a firmware update. His colors were off and no color order changed them correctly.

You may want to do the same, I just don't want to cost you or him a couple hundred bucks.

JR

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

Well, not a lot of replies here - perhaps because people see it is not a stand alone single post!    That'll learn me for typing to myself!!

IF anyone happens to read this - I found the problem.   Even though I never changed any settings, for some reason the lightorama network configuration reverted back to a lower speed than what I had originally on that COM port.   Upping the speed just to 115.4K resolved the issue!   

Well done Jay!   Thank you for your help!   Anytime.  My pleasure.   

OK, I'll stop typing to myself now.      Could all of this lighting stuff be making me crazy??!?!?!

Yes, on the crazy part. Ive had my days this week. And after I posted this I saw the "I found my problem". 

Sorry but at least you don't have to feel lonely. LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked