Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 Show Editor major problems

dibblejr

All of my 32 sequences run between 1.6 - 2.3 gigs each and they all run on two networks. One LOR network for my LOR controllers and one E1.31 network for all my pixels, never had a lag or delay like you are experiencing. Must be some setting or something with your most recent update.

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

All of my 32 sequences run between 1.6 - 2.3 gigs each and they all run on two networks. One LOR network for my LOR controllers and one E1.31 network for all my pixels, never had a lag or delay like you are experiencing. Must be some setting or something with your most recent update.

That's why I updated, hoping to fix the problem. That's not working to good.

The good news- simple show builder worked but after several cars left during the failure.

JR

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I just don't understand how it can run for 8 hours non stop and as soon as it gets dark- bingo problems. Internet connection is off, no plans on updating the windows 10 again. If it isn't broke way of thinking.

I need a tin foil hat and a drink.

JR

If your hardware is capable, can you run the show as intensity files.  I realize that also depends on how you sequence the show.  I run everything as intensity files which means that the .lms files are ALWAYS less that 1K byte.

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

My verifier has about 3000 red -error entries.

That may be something to look into.  Some will be "normal", but that seems to be a lot.  For example if an RGB channel is green for the entire sequence, it will error that the channels for Blue and Red are never used.

When did you last do a complete reboot on the machine, and I don't mean sleep or hibernate. Sleep and especially hibernate can have unpredictable effects on any machine. 

The first thing I do after installing Windows is to disable both. Just turn off the screen.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/How-to-disable-Sleep-Mode-or-Hibernation-793/

Just a suggestion here but you stated that the new computer has been put away since last Christmas and it has Windows 10. You took it out and updated it via windows update, well the October update 1809 had some bugs so windows halted the updates until a fix was established. I don't know what the update involved or if it may have affected your machine.

22 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Just a suggestion here but you stated that the new computer has been put away since last Christmas and it has Windows 10. You took it out and updated it via windows update, well the October update 1809 had some bugs so windows halted the updates until a fix was established. I don't know what the update involved or if it may have affected your machine.

The update that installed was 1803.  Hopefully MS took the bad update out of the system by now.

Also my problems were before the update since the HD is the one who suggested the update.

Hopefully today we can find some answers and get this resolved.

I imagine that it shouldn’t play at all if a problem like that.

But as I thought last night today SSB not working either.

”error” “cannot read show file” 

The one that was created this morning. I deleted last nights as I have been since this fiasco started.

Just doesn’t make sense, at least to me.

Jr

The Help Desk is now stating that I should try using S5 only to export all of my S4 Sequences as intensity files.

Still awaiting their reply as to they will be recognized in my Show computer running S4.

I know you guys are running S4 so don't know if you have any thoughts about that or not.

Yes, Simple Show Builder worked last night but not this morning.

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

When did you last do a complete reboot on the machine, and I don't mean sleep or hibernate. Sleep and especially hibernate can have unpredictable effects on any machine. 

The first thing I do after installing Windows is to disable both. Just turn off the screen.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/How-to-disable-Sleep-Mode-or-Hibernation-793/

All of mine had to be reset to "never" after the windows update. I had that happen when it was new, whenever it went into sleep mode or the screen shut down the show would freeze or stop.

It happened this last Saturday after the update so I went and turned it all off to never. The screen is always on and I never close it.

I am assuming that the reboot was also done after the update finished. It took all night for the update.

JR

Greetings,

Just piping in. I was having the same problems on my desktop from sequences I did last year. The same sequences ran fine on my laptop which is dedicated to the display. On the desktop, the sequences were 'hanging up' or taking forever to load. I went ahead and updated to S5 and have tried two sequences and they are working, BUT now I have to get up to speed on the S5 Sequencer if I want to have this thing running on my desktop.

Best wishes and best of luck... and I'll be watching this thread to see if you find the fix. 

LOR Feature Level: Pro
SuperStar Feature Level: 2_CCR
Max Version: 5.6.* (and any future versions released by November 13, 2018)

Ok, I “think” I have the problem identified but not being a computer savvy person need help from someone that is.

First thank you to Phil Massey - prob 1 I think the computer did not have a “reboot”.    After the update. I always assumed that when the windows update asks you to restart it has done the reboot- assumes being key. 

I did the hard reboot today and most problems went away. 

With that said the show made through Show Exitor came on when it was scheduled 6 pm

At around 7 pm it shut down for 15 minutes.

Here is my thought

Windows 10 or something is trying to get an update. I think this because looking at my texts to friends and my thread here at about the same time each night the problem happens

I have looked at everything I know how and cannot find anything trying to update at that time.

Any suggestions where to search would be appreciated.

Once the show restarted in its own it has been playing and the only 1 minute pause is between the last and first sequence.

1 minutes is much better than what was happening

Special thanks to everyone who have replied.

JR

What does the show status monitor say during the pauses.Should give you a clue.

You might want to reboot daily until you get it sorted.

22 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

What does the show status monitor say during the pauses.Should give you a clue.

You might want to reboot daily until you get it sorted.

Just saw this and went down to check.

Cannot read Show is where it starts

Then the show starts and get the error “cannot allocate memory” for .... sequence there are once again theee sequences sequentially with this error. 

They are also a different theee from last nights errors

My home is busy at night 2 little boys and all the fun homework and it appears the error has happened every cycle after the initial failure.

The Show has been playing the same four sequences for 3 hours.

I am updating to 4.3.36 as I type this. I was told there is more memory allotted in .36

Thoughts

Thank you

JR

Okay, I got the SE working again on my desktop. Here's what I did:

• I uninstalled LOR from the Add/Remove programs
  • I ran the LOR Registry Wipe utility AND included removal of my license number
  • Rebooted
  • Checked and, yes the Registry Wipe worked
  • I downloaded the latest version of the LOR suite 4.3.36 & chose 'Run as Administrator' for the install file.
  • After install, I launched SE and it wouldn't load the sequence that I had saved in the 'sequences' directory on my C drive (where I specify the sequences to save)
  • I copied the known "working" sequence from my laptop (also serves as sequence files backup) on to a flash drive and loaded into the 'sequences' directory on the desktop (*. lms files)
  • Found the 'new' file, opened it and ... voila, I'm back up and running on the desktop (btw, much quicker load time than I remember).

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and as I get down to work here. I hope that this may be of some help. ?

bEcK ??

Edited by beckanator
put in wrong version #

38 minutes ago, beckanator said:

Okay, I got the SE working again on my desktop. Here's what I did:

• I uninstalled LOR from the Add/Remove programs
  • I ran the LOR Registry Wipe utility AND included removal of my license number
  • Rebooted
  • Checked and, yes the Registry Wipe worked
  • I downloaded the latest version of the LOR suite 4.3.36 & chose 'Run as Administrator.'
  • After install, I launched SE and it wouldn't load the sequence that I had saved in the 'sequences' directory on my C drive (where I specify the sequences to save)
  • I copied the known "working" sequence from my laptop (also serves as sequence files backup) on to a flash drive and loaded into the 'sequences' directory on the desktop (*. lms files)
  • Found the 'new' file, opened it and ... voila, I'm back up and running on the desktop (btw, much quicker load time than I remember).

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and as I get down to work here. I hope that this may be of some help. ?

bEcK ??

I am trying now! 

Thank you for the instructions, the old fashioned way didn't work well. All files remained. Just got done doing that

JR

48 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I am trying now! 

Thank you for the instructions, the old fashioned way didn't work well. All files remained. Just got done doing that

JR

Here's the link(s) to the Registry Wipe. Best of luck to you! Let us know if this works for you...

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.1.2/LORRegistryWipe.exe 

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.3.34/LORRegistryWipe.exe

?

If it is still faulting try this.

1 on the show machine , back up the Sequences folder just in case.

2 on the show machine, delete all the files in the sequences folder, LMS, BAK, LCS, LSV and anything else.

3 On your Sequencing machine, open SE and open each Sequence in turn. On the file menu click Export as Compressed, this will create the LCS file (compressed sequence) instead of letting the show player do it.

4 copy the LMS and the LCS files to the show machine LOR folder

5 Cross your fingers, wear a garlic clove and try again.

19 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If it is still faulting try this.

1 on the show machine , back up the Sequences folder just in case.

2 on the show machine, delete all the files in the sequences folder, LMS, BAK, LCS, LSV and anything else.

3 On your Sequencing machine, open SE and open each Sequence in turn. On the file menu click Export as Compressed, this will create the LCS file (compressed sequence) instead of letting the show player do it.

4 copy the LMS and the LCS files to the show machine LOR folder

5 Cross your fingers, wear a garlic clove and try again.

Will try, we kind of think alike.

I was in the process of redownloading my sequences to my external using the “save as” instead

of copy paste the LMS file

I reinstalled everything last night/ this morning

played a show and as usual it played all 7 sequences the first time with no delay

the second and consecutive times it skipped the last two sequences

The sequences being skipped are not the same as last night.

Doesnt make sense Matt Brown has been assisting and I have provided videos , Toms of pictures 

I just don’t get why it plays through the first time

Christmas 2017 was the first with this new show laptop and it had zero issues and played 20+ sequences every night from Thanksgiving until January

Will try your method before I finish my painstaking method

Open sequence

Check confih

Relink audio

Play seq

save as - to my exteral

Thank you again - I actually need a chicken foot and horse hair

JR

Don't forget to export the LCS file, AND I would strongly recommend turning on  Use compressed Sequences in the LOR CP right click menu. 

The only files you need in the show player folder are LMS and LCS

4 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Don't forget to export the LCS file, AND I would strongly recommend turning on  Use compressed Sequences in the LOR CP right click menu. 

Thank you, got it, use compressed has been on since I had missed it after the reinstall/ update and you remended me

Now I check it every time to ensure

JR

15 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I figured it would put the compressed files in the sequences folder. Took me a few mins to find them in my transfer to show folder

LOL