Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Not Working

ericg2000

eric

I just had this, Simple: Wrong Network . That happened when I used the HU to discover dongles and clicked that d**med button'. It flipped my Black and Red network dongles. (Regular <-> Aux A)

Red handles the Pixies (and future stuff)  Black, everything else

23 hours ago, TheDucks said:

eric

I just had this, Simple: Wrong Network . That happened when I used the HU to discover dongles and clicked that d**med button'. It flipped my Black and Red network dongles. (Regular <-> Aux A)

Red handles the Pixies (and future stuff)  Black, everything else 

so you are using both the red and black dongles in your show?

1 hour ago, ericg2000 said:

so you are using both the red and black dongles in your show?

Yes! 

I have 2 Pixies that want FAST, and I have a Gen 2 that hates ENHANCED and is slow.  all the rest could  run on either (I did choose Black, leaving more room for Pixies). The dongles don't need to be identical, just match the desired speeds (and you wallet)

I think I read somewhere here that someone had SEVEN ?

no i don't have seven haha.  i have one red and one black.  i just went through all my controllers one by one to verify their ID's and they are all correct.  what gets me is the other night, i used a different pixie2 and 16ch controller, made a quick test sequence and they worked in my living room.  so i don't know what is wrong my my actual light show. 

what color should the status led be inside the pixie2?  mine is solid red right now when connected to HU. 

i think i have it working now.  i ended up setting up the 16 ch controllers on the black dongle, and the pixie 2 on the red.  i'll report back later after i run through all my sequences.

hopefully no one stole my radio frequency.  it sounds weird, but one year a spanish station was playing on the channel i always use for my show

15 minutes ago, ericg2000 said:

i think i have it working now.  i ended up setting up the 16 ch controllers on the black dongle, and the pixie 2 on the red.  i'll report back later after i run through all my sequences.

hopefully no one stole my radio frequency.  it sounds weird, but one year a spanish station was playing on the channel i always use for my show

What is the Generation on you PC16 (AC controller)?  That is the one(a gen 2)  that prevents Enhanced mode use on that Network (My Black). All the rest are Gen 3 compatible.

Any future dongles will only be Red, I just will mark the Net with an 'E" if I enable that mode (Red is mainly for speed. You can run 'enhanced' on Black, but not with a Gen 2 on the network

all of mine are gen 3... i should have messed it everything over the summer so i wouldn't be fighting it now. 

35 minutes ago, ericg2000 said:

all of mine are gen 3... i should have messed it everything over the summer so i wouldn't be fighting it now. 

Should be no fighting and really as we spoke you only need one network with all gen3 devices. 

Just the red HS adapter and some cat5 and you can run one network.

Had you called me back you would be on one network.

Happy lighting.

JR