Light-O-Rama Forums

Previews Saved At?

Dave76

In pixel editor, when in the “Preview Design” and you make a preview where does it get saved when you hit save?  I looked in the LOR Data main folder and sub folders and can’t find it. Thanks!  

I want to ensure it gets backed up!

I believe it's saved within the sequence until you "export" it. Not sure how to export it in S4. I've only done so in S5.

Since your profile doesn't include your version and license level, I'm going to assume S4.

Look in the folder common data in your LOR user data folders. They are .XML files.

Sorry, it is S5 that uses the CommonData folder.

Try here.

\Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml"

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, PhilMassey said:

Sorry, it is S5 that uses the CommonData folder.

Try here.

\Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml"

I did this, and got what I needed to a new PC, except the actual effects in PE. So it shows my Pixels, the timings, but none of the effects. Thoughts?

You need the.lms, .lpe, .and  .lid files when you transfer the files.You should also have the same structure for the  LOR data folders, Sequences, audio, etc.  

I think the PE data is in the .LPE file as the .LMS file date doesn't change when the file is changed in PE, but the .LPE file does. 

Open them in the original machine to check everything is there, and look at the dates, then transfer all the files and check again.

You may want to run LORpost.exe on the new box and make sure it is pointed to the right place although it sounds as though the .lms is being found OK.

I personally could never get along with PE, but I have used it a little for some off hours animations. and even that gives me a headache usually.