Light-O-Rama Forums

Overlapping Unit IDs amongst my LOR hardware.... best way forward

kevinob

I've searched a bit on my issue below... best I can tell is: I should've thought ahead. But I didn't, so I'm throwing a Hail Mary here:

This is my first time using both my (2)CTB16PCs and my (1) pixcon16 on same sequences.

• My CTB16PC units have unit ID 1 and 2 (previously Halloween only stuff)
  • My Pixcon16... has Port1 Starting Universe of 1 (previously Christmas only stuff)
  • I've never had to worry about overlapping UNIT IDs or the like....since I never ran sequences that used both the hardware units

Perhaps you see where I'm going... 

since both my Pixcon16 settings and (1) CTB16PC = Unit 1 in SE... I've got overlapping stuff happening. I didn't realize this until I completed update of all my songs by exporting out of SuperStar via legacy mode into SE sequences..

What's best idea to remedy? 
- Change Unit ID of one of CTB16PCs and go on copy/paste spree that way?
- Change Port1 Starting Universe to "3" I guess and then go on a copy/paste spree that way?
- Something else cooler and faster I haven't thought of? Anything that wouldn't involve a copy/paste update party across all my files?

2 minutes ago, kevinob said:

This is my first time using both my (2)CTB16PCs and my (1) pixcon16 on same sequences.

• My CTB16PC units have unit ID 1 and 2 (previously Halloween only stuff)
  • My Pixcon16... has Port1 Starting Universe of 1 (previously Christmas only stuff)
  • I've never had to worry about overlapping UNIT IDs or the like....since I never ran sequences that used both the hardware units

You said the Pixcon 16 is starting at Universe 1.  Do you really mean Universe 1 (via E1.31 over Ethernet) or do you mean LOR unit ID 1 (via a LOR RS-485 network)?

Changing 32 channels is not that tough.  Just change the CTB16s to new IDs then export the configuration and import that configuration into each of your other sequences.

Remember that the PixCon 16 will take 16 IDs (in Hex), so don't think you can re-assign the CTB16s to IDs 02 and 03.

• The topic was locked