Light-O-Rama Forums

New 50 Bullet Pixel Bad out of Box ?

carfixer

Good evening all. This is my first year with Pixels and everything seem to be going well. I programmed a Halloween sequence for the grandkids and I have two questions about it.

The sequence is working fine but it is really long. I edited the total time of an over 4 minute song to 2 minutes and 40 seconds. The sequence stops at 2:40 while playing in SE. I transferred to a disc for the mini director in Show Builder  and the lights stop working at 2:40 like I want but the song plays to the end. I am at S4.3.34 Pro

Question 2  I have a new string of 50 bullet pixels  and pixel number 13 has a dim blue glow to it all the time. Pixels 1 through 12 mostly work ok the colors are not quite accurate on like 10, 11 and 12. nothing works past node 12. I have tried a different controller that I know works, I have commanded all off in SE, to no avail. the addresses look correct in SE , the configuration looks correct in SE, this is the only string of pixies I can not get to operate correctly. The other 3 work fine. This string has done this from the time I plugged it in new. They are 2 brand  new pixie 2's and 4 -50 node bullet strings from LOR about a 10 days ago. This little blue pixel never goes out.

If asking two questions in one thread is wrong, my apologies.

thanks, Tim

blue.jpg

38 minutes ago, carfixer said:

The sequence is working fine but it is really long. I edited the total time of an over 4 minute song to 2 minutes and 40 seconds. The sequence stops at 2:40 while playing in SE. I transferred to a disc for the mini director in Show Builder  and the lights stop working at 2:40 like I want but the song plays to the end. I am at S4.3.34 Pro

If you want the music to end, you need to edit the music file.  Most of use Audacity for that.

41 minutes ago, carfixer said:

Question 2  I have a new string of 50 bullet pixels  and pixel number 13 has a dim blue glow to it all the time. Pixels 1 through 12 mostly work ok the colors are not quite accurate on like 10, 11 and 12. nothing works past node 12. I have tried a different controller that I know works, I have commanded all off in SE, to no avail. the addresses look correct in SE , the configuration looks correct in SE, this is the only string of pixies I can not get to operate correctly. The other 3 work fine. This string has done this from the time I plugged it in new. They are 2 brand  new pixie 2's and 4 -50 node bullet strings from LOR about a 10 days ago. This little blue pixel never goes out.

Yes, sounds like a bad pixel.  Contact LOR.  They are very good about taking care of such problems.

As Jim said, Contact the Help Desk and reference this thread. It'll get taken care of. I have had 3 strings over the years that arrived not working right. It happens. Keep in mind they are busy this time of year, so the sooner you tell them of the issue that faster it will get resolved.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thank You, LOR is sending a new light string and Audacity worked great to shorten my song the way I wanted.

5 minutes ago, carfixer said:

Thank You, LOR is sending a new light string and Audacity worked great to shorten my song the way I wanted.

Cool!