Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a way to Dim pixels?

Idiotfiasco

Is there a way to Dim pixels in the SS software? If I want a color to come on at only half brightness and then fade out, is that possible? I know how to create a tail on a morph that fades out but can't seem to find a way to let's say have on CCR ribbon at full red brightness and the ribbon next to it at half brightness. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for replies.

For the morph head and the morph tail there a start color and and end color. The start color can be any intensity from 0-100 and the end color can be any intensity from 0-100.  If you are wanting one ribbon to go from 100 to 0 you can do one morph down that ribbon. If you want another ribbon to go from 50 to 0 you can do a different morph on that ribbon.

If that doesn't answer your question, let me know.

That's close to what I want, I guess what I am looking for is for an entire ribbon to come on at 50% brightness, I don't want it to go up or down the ribbon.

To do that you can use a Scene. You can set whichever pixels you want and set the start and end color. It may help to watch the tutorial on Scenes. You can go to the lightorama website, click on Support, then click on "Tutorials and PDFs", scroll down, the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. The first tutorial in the superstar section covers Scenes. It would be worthwhile to watch the second tutorial as well which is an introduction to Morphs.