Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 4 Power

kbolin10

How do I get power to the pixie 4 controller with the 2 prong setup? Is there an adapter? I have a 350w power supply but no purchase gave me what I need. I have been looking for a week and can’t find any information on this. Maybe it’s common knowledge to seasoned vets but not this newbie.

Thanks. 

9B576A33-414E-4B95-8684-D4B68D98C92B.jpeg

Perfect thanks. Where do I get the wire? Went to Home Depot and guy said they didn’t have anything. 

7 minutes ago, kbolin10 said:

Perfect thanks. Where do I get the wire? Went to Home Depot and guy said they didn’t have anything. 

I use 14awg stranded wire. You can pretty much get it anywhere, Lowes, Home Depot, local Hardware, Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/BNTECHGO-Silicone-Flexible-Strands-Stranded/dp/B01CL0JPVG/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1538861466&sr=8-20&keywords=14awg+stranded+wire

3 minutes ago, kbolin10 said:

Find another clerk (the wire is on small spools and the Lugs are on the wall)  OR better yet, go to any store with an Auto parts section. This is LOW VOLTAGE, like automotive

Crimp Lugs are color codes by wire GRIP RANGE

Red 18-22, Blue 14-16, Yellow 10-12

Get a good crimp tool FOR INSULATED LUGS

Ring and spade lugs have an additional size value. intended screw size  (PSU usually have #6 or #8 )

Typ power cords use Blues,  Same for a Pixie 4 12V (<10A), 16Ga.  For a single CMB 24 bank (and Pixie ? 14Ga  and 10 or 12 Ga for a Pixie16. If you run 2 wires (either + or common) make sure their lengths are identical (current may nor balance if there  is very much length difference)

• The topic was locked