Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help with inserting SuperStar effect into S5 sequence

Tonymu1

I created a SuperStar sequence for some pixels that wrap around one of my tree trunks.  There are 5 CCP's with 2 50 pixel strings each that are hung on the tree in a W pattern starting top left.  The visualizer file for the SuperStar sequence is set up with the W pattern and the prop in S5 is set as a Custom Light Placement, basically 3 folds starting top left.  When I insert the sequence from SuperStar it only previews on the first two and half CCP's or first 10 columns, leaving the rest blank  I have read everything I can find and tried to adjust everything on every end to make it work but cannot get it to work.  The only thing I can find that might be an issue is after watching the "tutorial-for-creating-a-s5-sequencer-preview-for-inserting-superstar-effects" video by user default is that he mentions that the SS sequencing grid has to match the prop layout and that it must go bottom to top and left to right.  My SS grid, that I created years ago when SS first came out, unfortunately does not match my W shaped - Custom Light Placement with 3 folds starting top left and starts top to bottom then left to right.  The grid was set up with each 50 pixel string straight up and down in a 10x50 grid.  I arranged the pixels in the preview to match the W pattern, 3 folds starting top left, layout that matches the pixels on the tree.  When I right click to insert the SS sequence and it opens SS the layout of the SS grid matches my prop with a 13x40 grid.   The original SS file has a 50x10 grid.  Best I can figure is that is the problem with importing it correctly into S5.  Am I correct in that conclusion?  Is there anything I can do to make it work?  If not, can I get it to play as a subsequence like in S4?  If so I can't figure out how to assign it to a prop.  Thanks for any help. 
Below are images of my setup (sorry for the small size and multiple postings to show them all.  Only allowed to upload 500k! ).
Thanks
Tony

Original SS File-Small.jpg

Tony,
First, Welcome to the Forums.

Please fill out the Software Version and License info in your Profile. It helps people on the forums at a glance troubleshoot issues. ie. some issues are License level related. Yours issue may not be this but it does help the rest of us see issues early on. Quite frankly, I have shyed away from posting in threads where the OP doesn't have all thier info posted, I've seen to many wasted responses only to find out a license level was the issue.
Here's a gif to show you how to do this.

profile.gif

Having read your post, I'm thinking I understand your issue, currently I am involved in a major remodel at another location and my thoughts are all about that project. I will pm you my email. If you want, email me your files and I will look at them and see if I can help. Reading about the issue is one thing, seeing it first hand, helps me sort it out. No promises, but maybe there is a workaround. I won't be able to look at it until later tonight.

The files I would like to see are a current S5 sequence. You can make a sample Animation Sequence - no music. This will give me your props and thier associated network and Unit id's and how they are arranged in S5 Sequencer.
Your Superstar visualization files for Superstar (both the real and row) - This helps me understand how you have the props set up in SS.

You can also send a PM to Brian Bruderer, he is the author of SS, ask him to review this thread. 

Alan...

Thank you for the detailed description and pictures of the problems you are having. I am not sure at this point why SuperStar is behaving the way it is. I think it would be easiest to arrange a date and time for me to remote into your computer and you can show me first hand what you are experiencing. Send me a PM and we can arrange a date and time for a session.

Tony, I haven't forgotten this issue. I got your all your files. What I have found so far is that your original FrontTree.lee was corrupted somehow. CCP06 did not show up properly in Superstar when I loaded the FrontTree.lee vis file. I have a copy of S4, so I  looked at the original FrontTree.lee file (your copy). It looked fine, but still something was not allowing it to display properly. I deleted CCP06, copied CCP05 renamed it CCP06 and assigned it the proper network and Unti ID number. It now shows correctly (at least it is in the "W" pattern you describe)

What I am trying to understand now, is what are you expecting to see with the Front_Tree.sup (SS file) you sent? In viewing the Front_Tree.sup file you sent it is displaying as it is suppose to, but the sequencing makes no sense to me.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:14 PM, Tonymu1 said:

When I insert the sequence from SuperStar it only previews on the first two and half CCP's or first 10 columns, leaving the rest blank 

From what I see in your Front_Tree Sup file, your Scenes are only set to work on the first 3 CCP's, because that's the way you have applied the effect in SS.     

Here is the modified FrontTree.lpeprop that I made. See if this works in SS for you. If you can explain what exactly you are trying to see with the sequencing of this prop there maybe another way to modify the prop. Do you already have .sup files sequenced that include this tree?

FrontTree modified.lee

Create another preview by importing just this prop to test it out. Let me know if it works

Alan...