Light-O-Rama Forums

Wrapped my first wire frame.

JeffF

I pre-ordered a couple wire frames from Christmas-LEDs.com a few months back and they came in this week. For the past couple evenings I zip tied lights onto one of them for a few hours each night. Well... here it is... my first wire frame... :D
http://www.mainelights.org/GiantStar/

I still have to put some black electrical tape on a few "extra" lights but overall I think it came out looking very nice. The last picture really shows how it looks.

BTW, 300 lights total with about 25 of those being balled up and stuck behind the middle of the star.

I got mine Merry Christmas Sign as well. Now I just have to get the lights out and start putting them on the frame. The frame looks great, so I am sure it will look even better with the lights on it.

I also bought one of their Merry Christmas signs. Very nice quality like you said. thumbsup.gif I love the way they break down and they seem very sturdy.

I wrapped "Merry" last night and I'll hopefully wrap "Christmas" tomorrow.

Finished the Merry Christmas wire frame today and took a few pictures tonight.

Merry%20Christmas%20Wire%20Frame.jpg

I may add another layer of red lights to make it a bit brighter... or maybe not. The wifey says it looks fine but maybe just a few more lights. :P

Jeff that is the same frame I got from Valerie. Yours look great. I am putting 2 colors on mine and will be fading them. How many lights did you get to fit on each section?

Thanks!

I think it was around 150 on the "Merry" and around 225 on the "Christmas"(I had to black out about 25 lights at the end of the "Christmas").

I may add another layer of red to basically make it one continuous line of lights. Right now there is about a 1" gap between lights... really wish I would have done it like the star and put the lights closer. Live and learn... I'm really having fun with this hobby so I don't mind having to wrap some more. :)

Did you use clips on the frame or some sort of tape to wrap the lights?

I plan on using floral tape to hold the lights...

I used zip ties on each and every light, like this except I left about a 1" space between the lights on the Merry Christmas frame...

giantstarcloseup.jpg