Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pixel16 Compatibility

Tim R

I have 2ea of the Pixie 16 controllers, that I have LOR color pixels connected to, Can I use other WS2811 RGB Smart Pixels and or Ribbons with this controller as well?

and,  Can I use LOR's Color pixels on other Controllers like the Alphapix?,  has anyone confirmed this yet.

Thanks.

Yes and Yes, if you are using the new LOR 3-wire pixels which are WS2811. The Pixie's require all strings to be the same IC, you can't mix ICs.

LOR older style pixels are 4-wire LPD6803.

You can use LOR pixels on the Alphapix, however you will have to do one of two things.

Either cut the connection ends off the LOR pixels (a lot smaller than any I have seen/ used) or change the entire connecting cable which will also require you to cut the ends off.

JR

16 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Yes and Yes, if you are using the new LOR 3-wire pixels which are WS2811. The Pixie's require all strings to be the same IC, you can't mix ICs.

Edited by Tim R

16 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Thank You,  I was hoping this was possible.

15 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You can use LOR pixels on the Alphapix, however you will have to do one of two things.

Either cut the connection ends off the LOR pixels (a lot smaller than any I have seen/ used) or change the entire connecting cable which will also require you to cut the ends off.

JR

Yes, I am going to replace the ends to match what I am using on my other controllers.  

Thank You.

• The topic was locked