Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 2 help

trooperblazer

So I have my new pixie twos. Five of them in total. I set the unit ID of each one through the hardware utility. I did each one individually and tested throughout all of them. Then I unplugged everything and installed them where and how I want them. Now that I’ve plugged everything back in all IDs for all units are 01. According to what I read the unit IDs for a pixie two are set by the hardware utility. Instead are there dip switches that I need to mess with?

27 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

So I have my new pixie twos. Five of them in total. I set the unit ID of each one through the hardware utility. I did each one individually and tested throughout all of them. Then I unplugged everything and installed them where and how I want them. Now that I’ve plugged everything back in all IDs for all units are 01. According to what I read the unit IDs for a pixie two are set by the hardware utility. Instead are there dip switches that I need to mess with?

Yep, all new pixies come with dip switches inside and all come set to ID 1. You will need to open the pixie and turn the dip switches off and then you can set the ID with the HU.

30 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

Ninja'd

Switches 1-8 must be OFF if you want to use the HU. Factory default is 01.

Your other choice is to just use the switches (remember Pixies consume the number of ID's = to their ports ) Remember Ports are Hexadecimal 1-9 A-F

Edited by TheDucks

Son of a &#+{*+*#{%**#]]~££||/&&))$

lol.  There’s been a lot of swearing lately 

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick response. Not sure if I’ll get to fix them tonight or not. Due to possible rain and snow mix

3 hours ago, trooperblazer said:

Son of a &#+{*+*#{%**#]]~££||/&&))$

lol.  There’s been a lot of swearing lately 

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick response. Not sure if I’ll get to fix them tonight or not. Due to possible rain and snow mix

Trooper- look for a thread "pixie16 help" I wrote a complete step by step. If you follow it you should have light in about 15-30 mins depending on your computer skills.

JR

• The topic was locked